I'm sick

by doublelife 24 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOTS!!!

Sylvia

• ziddina
    ziddina

Poor DoubleLife... I just got over - barely - a very nassty flu... Upper respiratory AND intestinal... NO fun. Was so weak I could barely walk from one room to another...

My advice? Make garlic tea. Slice up 1/2 clove of garlic into a cup of water, 'nuke' it in your microwave for about a minute, and slowly sip that. Garlic seems to help me, even when I've caught a virus...

But warn your co-workers that you will smell like garlic for a few days!

Also, eucalyptus oil. Rubbed on your nose. Helps clear up the sinuses.

Hope you heal quickly!

Zid

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

AAAWWW! Sorry you don't feel good

• its_me!
    its_me!

I feel for you! It's definitely going around. Hopefully it is the one that only lasts for 3 or 4 days. I had that several weeks ago. Very miserable, but not too long.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Brew 2 bags of green tea in a cup of boiling water. Add a tablespoon of honey and one table spoon of Whiskey.....you'll sleep like a baby and probably feel much better the next day.

r.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

you must be getting close to home time!!

Wrap yourself up in a warm blankie, pop your favorite movie into the DVD and snuggle yourself....

By the way, since reading your thread I've been sneezing and coughing....the internet is one powerful thing huh??

• doublelife
    doublelife

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I'll try to put them to use. I'll be off work in a little while. Then have to stop by the store to pick up soup and tea. I should get a little extra so that next time I'm sick I don't have to make a trip to the store again.

poopsiecakes, don't get sick!

• doublelife
    doublelife

Oh, and I need to get the kleenix that has the lotion in it too.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Thanks dahling, I don't think I'll get sick but I did wake up with a screaming headache and the icky sneezing...blech...

I do like all of these home remedies though, especially the ones that include whiskey

• yknot
    yknot

If you are not pregnant......(wink)

Consider two tablespoons of honey 3x day and digesting 3 cloves of garlic per day (I cut them up to pill size and swallow)

Honey is a natural anti-inflammatory, garlic is a natural antibiotic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit