Swansea paedophile in 17-year barrage of child abuse

by behemot 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• nugget
    nugget

They had no choice but to act since a victim went directly to the police and sparked off the investigation. It would appear that the evidence was overwhelming. I am grateful I wasn't on the jury.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

While the congregation may NOW be shunning him; what did the elders do from the 1970s - 1984?

Exactly!

• jordan12
    jordan12
    While the congregation may NOW be shunning him; what did the elders do from the 1970s - 1984?
    Exactly!

What makes you think that the elders or the congregation knew anything about the abuse? I see no indication in the article that they did.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Really? No one knew? For that long? And that many innocent children were molested? Why, where WAS that holy spirit that operates to keep the congregation clean? Hmmm....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was an elder in Southern England during those years ..The attitude at that time among my fellows would have been to come down hard on any reported abuse..This was before the Society organised a Legal Desk to whom you had to refer .But it seems that this was not reported, to the Police, to the elders, or anybody.

I take the point about the supposed Holy Spirit though.

The Sussex paper had a write up too

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/5076691.Brighton_paedophile_could_have_raped_more_girls/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit