Introducing myself

by crazy2try 30 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

CRAZY2TRY- Welcome to the board my friend ! You are among people who have experienced similar challenges. I was born-in as a JW exited 6 years ago at age 44 . I came from a very active JW family ( dad 's an elder since the 1950's , older brother ex-Bethel elder since early 1970's , etc. ) . I had a mixed bag with all my witness relatives when I stopped attending meetings over 6 years ago. Some decided to shun me, some decided to support my decision like my parents . My 2 adult JW daughters shun me even in my inactive state as does another older sister.

So be prepared for SOME family members to not understand your decision. Whether or not your JW family respects you and your husband's decision to fade and stop - is usually determined by how fanatical or devoted a witness each of those respective family members are still. The less zealous and fanatical the witness - the more supportive, usually. If you aren't sure HOW your husbands parents will respond - just be careful how much information you reveal to them about your doubts. I have found some witnesses won't pressure you to dig into your private thoughts- other witnesses may have a motive for digging - to report anybody with doubts to elders for interrogation.

I'm not trying to scare you- just being honest in preparing you for what MAY lie ahead . Doesn't mean it WILL happen, just be aware and informed that in many Jehovah's Witnesses their Witness personality is stronger than their " authentic " or human personality. But I'm so glad you have joined us here ! Lots to share and learn from everybody here ! Welcome to free thinking and open minded views !

BECCA'S LIFE- I'm so glad you have joined the board as well ! Nice to see you here ! I'm sure that was quite an eye opener for you to be shunned after being reinstated. I too was in a DFed state for 4 years, 1998 to 2002 , and my JW family did not speak to me hardly at all all 4 years. Even after being reinstated ( due to fear from the 9/11 attacks got scared back in temporarily ) people still would basically have not much to do with me. NOBODY would come over to my house for a meal. It's like you are poison and treated like you have leprosy - and you have to PROVE yourself again at the kingdom hall. It's ridiculous. I'm quite sure if Jesus meant for a " Christian " church to exist- it certainly wouldn't be like the Jehovah's Witnesses behavior. But please know we are here for you Becca's if you ever need to talk. Hang in there , look forward to more thoughts from you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit