The Nephilim, who were they and are their descendants among us?

by The Finger 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nelly136
    nelly136

goliath was said to be a giant,

sampson must have been quite big if he could reach both pillars?

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

I am not sure who is behind the website www.gotquestions.org, but they seem to be in some sort of cahoots with the WTBTS:

The Nephilim (“fallen ones, giants”) were the offspring of sexual relationships between the sons of God and daughters of men in Genesis 6:1-4 .

This is an error. The Nephilim were the SPIRITS who had such relations with human women... resulting in mutant offspring that were bigger and stronger than earthling man. The error arose because of the improper transliteration of Genesis 6:4, which is stated, for example, in the KJV, as:

"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown."

The TRUE rendering of this verse is:

"The Nephilim were in the earth in those days and after, when the [messengers of God] came in to the [grand]daughters of Adam and they (the descendant "daughters" of Adam) bore [children], these (the children) were mighty... and DID NOT DIE."

[Note: That is NOT to say they COULD not die; it's just that being half-breed offspring of man, who lived hundreds of years... and spirits... who did/could not die... these offspring lived what seemed like perpetually and so thought they could not die. The truth is that they WOULD have died after a very long period; however, because they were wreaking havoc in the earth, the Most Holy One of Israel had to stop them.]

Back to the Nephilim. One such being is a "Nephi." Singular. As a group, they are referred to as "the Nephilim." It is this group that was in the earth at the time mentioned, and these who had relations with Adam's female descendants. Not ALL of Adam's female descendants, though, but those through Seth. The error is in thinking that the Nephilim chose these women because they were beautiful. They were... but not necessarily in appearance. They were chosen because they were beautiful as in intellect, morality, demeanor, and "spirit."

There is much debate as to the identity of the “sons of God.” It is our contention that the “sons of God” were fallen angels (demons) who mated with human females and/or possessed human males and then mated with human females.

First, the phrase "sons of God" is an error added much later when someone believed angels to be such. Angels have never been sons of God... but messengers. The earliest text of Genesis (the Septuagint) calls them angels, not "sons of God." These mated with human females NOT by possessing males... but by putting on flesh. Spirit beings who are not prevented can do so... and in order to mate with flesh (with its blood) and produce offspring... all, excluding God and Christ... would have to do so. Because spirit beings... in their own capacity... "do not marry."

Second, these weren't "fallen"... yet. They did not "sin"... UNTIL they forsook their PROPER "dwelling place"... which is the SPIRIT bodies God created to "house" the essence of the beings they are. We, flesh with its blood... reside in PHYSICAL bodies... which we received from Adam AFTER he sinned. Adam was made in God's image. Like Abel, Cain, and Seth... WE are made in ADAM'S image... after he sinned. (Genesis 5:3; 1 Corinthians 15:49)

These unions resulted in offspring, the Nephilim, that were “heroes of old, men of renown”

Again, this is an error. It was the Nephilim who CREATED these offspring... and they were "of old"... as in of an ancient day of time. They were OLD... as in they grew in age. Significantly.

Why would the demons do such a thing? The Bible does not specifically give us the answer.

Actually, it does:

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]." Ephesians 6:12

The WTBTS would have you think that the "governments" (principalities) of the earth are our enemies. Yet, Christ humbly subjected himself to Pilot and other "rulers," NOT fighting with them... or speaking against them. Even though he could have. He SAID that his kingdom (and thus the of those who belong to him) is NO PART OF THIS WORLD. Thus, dear ones, his enemies... AND THAT OF THOSE WHO BELONG TO HIM... are NOT of this world, either.

I hope this helps... and I bid you peace...

A slave of Christ,

SA

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

In all of the various translations these words have been subjected to....could it be that the original intent of the word meant not a physical giant, but rather a eupheumism for far-reaching power?

Surely George Bush was a giant in that his tyrannical powers were far reaching and by his dictates much innocent blood was shed. The destruction caused by the Bush-Cheny regime was gigantic as it caused ripple effects world-wide.

I tend to think the word 'giant' is most likely used as a description of power rather than stature in regard to the Nephilim.

• cattails
    cattails

Among us today and making commercials:

http://culturespill.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/0_21_caveman_0.jpg

• AGuest
    AGuest

Oh, oops... "and they were NOT 'of old'... as in of an ancient day of time."

Sorry... and peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Mythbuster
  • RR
    RR

The Nephilim still exist, they're running the Watchtower organization

• mddriskell
    mddriskell

The Nephilem could not have children, they where hy-breds, kind like a thourobred horse can't have offspring.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    The Nephilem could not have children, they where hy-breds

I think you misunderstand me, dear mddriskell (peace to you!). The Nephilim weren't hybrids. Rather, if anyone was, it would have been their OFFSPRING (i.e., the mule... not the horse sire or the donkey mare).

kind like a thourobred horse can't have offspring.

Are you SURE?? I could be wrong, but although they have a pattern of low fertility, my understanding is that they do breed, just not always via live cover. They're even often cross-bred, right? To be sure, I checked the Thoroughbred Times and found this:

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/horse-health/advances-in-reproductive-health-12-12-06.aspx

I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

:deleted:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit