What's "Special" About You?

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• The Finger
    The Finger

My feelings

"Nothing." I dissent. You are 1 sneeze away from the 144K.

Ok, Sylvia, I'll bite.

I'm special because I was lucky enough to be born into a Jehovah's Witness family and raised without the burden of celebrating holidays, birthdays, or engaging in such horrific activities as school sports. I'm also special because I was fortunate enough to devote at least 12,000 hours of my childhood going to meetings and assemblies and serving as an uncompensated salesman for the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Being so special did have its fringe benefits, including, without limitation, depression, social isolation, and of course, broken family relationships.

Indeed. I am very special!

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

144001 - dont forget the untold fortunes you missed out on or gave away in the form of cheap suits, lousy hotels for assemblies and conventions, no college education without being frowned on, or the gas you burned by driving to all the not at homes.

• minimus
    minimus

I am a good judge of character. Very perceptive. Plus, I'm quite funny.

Thanks, Rock, but none of the extra rewards you mentioned were applicable to me, as I stopped all partcipation in the Org just before I turned 15. I did go to college, and spent none of my own money on this organization.

Baptism was about as attractive to me as a colonoscopy without anesthesia. Ditto for spending money on this organization. I rebelled to an extreme in my teenage years, and am lucky to be both alive and free.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I rebelled to an extreme in my teenage years, and am lucky to be both alive and free.

Special.

Sylvia

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Hmmmm.....I had to ask my man.

He said I have great eyes.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I will take the term special, to mean unique.

I raise orchids and exotic plants. I love working outside and being one with nature and the earth. I am especially fond of cats, dogs and birds. I don't mind the raccoons and opossums that wind up in my backyard, due to all the bird feeding and watching I do. In fact, most wild animals are so use to me they ignore my presence.

I do not have a need for a huge amount of people around me. I prefer a few good friends and family.

I am never bored. I love to read, cook new exotic food, and decorating. I am fascinated with history, science, and more recently politics.

I can do just about any basic home repair without calling in an expert including plumbing and electric.....but no hot water heaters!

NOT SPECIAL, just unique to me.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Meh.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I make the best homefries in the mid-Atlantic region.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit