A JW Corpse 'Speaks'

by Bangalore 22 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

Blondie,

I am stunned. Stunned that it took them only six weeks to go see her. Usually it's quite a bit more.

What haunts me the most about my dubber days (aka doorknob days) is how they treated the elderly. It was positively awful and emberassing. They didn't give a shit about them! One old lady was in her seventies and used to WALK to the grocery store! I took her weekly when I found out. Nobody gave a crap about that poor woman who I visited weekly.

When I left the dubbers I found out years later that she died of cancer. I know what those f*** tards did for her - absolutely nothing. And it's not at all uncommon. You can't count time helping out elderly people.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Gooood - Grief.... So sad...

That 'regular pioneer' - I think in this case I'll borrow a term from WT Wizard - 'PioSNEER' sister - her words were the WTBTS' REAL epitaph for this poor, unfortunate, cult-entrapped lady: "It was then that a sister, who was a regular pioneer, brushed away any guilt feelings that crept up in her, and said, 'What a shame she did not will any of her property to the Society.'

Yuuuk. What monsters. And the WTBTS' crap about "don't get married! the end is near!" - heard it before 1975, hearing it now - huge lie told by huge unimaginative liars...

I posted this on another thread; may not be the best place but since the PioSNEER mentioned "will any of her property to the Society"...

http://www.watchtower.cc/CharitablePlanning.pdf

• Bangalore
  • blondie
    blondie

It took only 6 weeks because the CO was coming and this sister had not turned in time and was not answering the phone. Have to have those stats up to date............

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

So sad... :(

• ziddina
    ziddina

Bump....

On the subject of the coldness of congregations and their tendency to ignore elderly Jehovah's Witnesses...

• Violia
    Violia

I could not determine from the post why her own family let her stay in a room with no care. It is a shame no one ( from the KH) checked and called the adult protective society.

I have noticed that sometimes the jws only assist elderly ones in hopes of them giving them money or property. Families should be aware that their elderly relatives are at risk ( from jws who pretend to be their friends ) if they live alone.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

This experience illustrates that people don't matter much at all to Jehovh's Witnesses. The only thing that does matter is the Organization; making the Society grow, making it look good, making it prosper, delivering it's literature, spreading it's message.

No one noticed this woman's situation beause the minds, activities, and pursuits of Jehovah's Witnesses are full of Organizational concerns. People are simply stepping stones, used to the end of making the Organization succeed. When they are no longer useful, they are quickly forgotten.

Love of God and neighbor? Neither are seen much in this religion. It's truly sad.

• pof
    pof

My mother rented her upstairs house to her witness friends (she herself has been a witness since "63). She called me at work one day and said her back had gone out. She was completely laid up..I spent the next 6-7 weeks working 45-50 hrs a week, taking care of my own family, driving the 3 hours it takes to get to her house on Fridays after work taking care of her and her housecleanings on the weekends, leaving Monday morning (another 3 hr drive) to be at work by 7 am and start all over again..... Her Witness tenents came down ONCE!!!!!! during that time to see if she wanted something to eat, and that was the first week she was laid up. Of course no else from the congo came to check up on her. It DISGUSTS me!!

BTW Just registered..been lurking for some time..however been out since '83, and was a born in.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Welcome to the board, pof!!

If you have a chance, you might want to post your experiences in the "friends" section...

Thanks for your comment!! Hope to hear more from you...

Zid - the board's She-Devil

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit