Don'tcha Feel Bad For The Pope?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Snowbird - how do you know the Pope has got skinny legs????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pANRjBLsDDk

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Snowbird - how do you know the Pope has got skinny legs????

Once, I saw him raise his robes to step into something.

Sylvia

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

I don't know whether Joseph Ratzinger should feel worse about the children who were abused by Catholic priests over the centuries or whether he should feel worse for having been allied with the
    Nazis
    It's just so hard to decide ... although arguably he wasn't the individual priests responsible for molesting children (as far as we know), but he did choose to join the Hitler Youth Movement (despite claims by him that it was "impossible" to not join or that there was no need to resist Nazism in his own community).

Scully, I think probably feels worse about the abuse by catholic priests. Inheriting a semi open can of worms is never nice although the british press have suggested he was well aware of the situation before he came pope. IF what is being claimed in the press is true that he was aware then I don't feel sorry for him one little bit. I will have respect for him if he starts openly making significant and noticable changes to resolve the growing crisis. The claims over being impossible to not join I believe are more than likely true. Whilst studying history and one of my periods of study was europen hisotry 1904 - 1945, I was fortunate enough to meet two german men whom my parents knew from their holiday home in the south of France. With them I talked about who had been members of the hitler youth. German 1 said that he wanted to join, it was made to seem like fun and everyone was in the hitler youth, German 2 gave a somewhat different impression of there wasn't an option of not joining. Not joining made you different, different was bad and last thing you wanted to be in Nazi Germany was different. He went on to explain that those who were disliked or not inline with the nazi code would be singled out for questioning more often than those who weren't and people vanished. German 1 did not back up the story however he did explain he did say that the aim was to be signed up for SS school and rumours of the school were that the training was intense with live rounds! Both said that in hindsight movement and information were heavily restricted (sound familar?), however they never questioned why and they had no idea of what atrosities had been carried out in their country's name till after the war.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

emperor palpatine was innocent too! ha ha

• minimus
    minimus

was he rated to emperor ovaltine?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit