Shouldn't the 1,000 yr reign have already started in 1914?

by cognac 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cognac
    cognac

I asked my dad that years ago and he said that it wouldn't start until the new system comes. Does this not make sense to anybody else? I thought it would have started when Jesus came back whicj was supposedly in 1914...

So, is this a bit of a glitch in there doctrine or what?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Was satan not bound for a while when Jesus was crucified?

Jesus really threw a monkey wrench into "religion" and it took several generations to build it back into a powerful manipulative force again. There were really no "first century christians". Christianity was not a new religion. People probably began to see the lies and manipulations in all of the religions of that day. All of the deities were being exposed for the illusions they were. It took a little more than a thousand years from the time Jesus died until we had the basis for the bible we have today.

Maybe we are in the "last days" because we are at the end of satan's thousand years of having been 'let loose' again.

• Gregor
    Gregor

This is a classic bait and switch deal from start to finish. Jesus should have been the King for the last 96 years, with 904 years remaining on his contract. He needs to get a good Jewish pit bull lawyer and go after the bastards...

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

The way they explained it was that although he was put on the throne in 1914, he wouldn’t start reigning until Armageddon was over.

Then he would start his 1000 year reign.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Suppose his thousand year reign was based on being incorporated into a religion?

And is there any scripture that indicates his thousand year reign and satan being loosed could be overlapping?

• cognac
    cognac

The way they explained it was that although he was put on the throne in 1914, he wouldn’t start reigning until Armageddon was over.

Then he would start his 1000 year reign.

That was what was told to me also. Problem is, how can Jesus start his 1,000 year reign when the new system starts and also in 1914? I never really got there reasoning for that...

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Exactly. That way they still cling to their 1914 teaching, while giving themselves wiggle room for when Armageddon fails to come. New light, you see.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

So, is this a bit of a glitch in there doctrine or what?

It is the borg talking out of both cheeks of their azz, as usual.

It is like them saying the "great crowd" in heaven in Revelation 19 is somehow a different "great crowd" from the one in the temple in Revelation 7, which for no explicable reason is supposedly on earth.

• Krettnawe
    Krettnawe

The JW's teach a two prong approach to the Second Coming of Jesus.

Most religions dont teach that.

To JW's there is the Presence (parasoia) which began in 1914 when (according to JW doctrine) Jesus gave Satan the boot, and began to "rule in the midst of his enemies" (kind of have to ignore that whole "rule" word huh?)

And then there is the COMING (erchomai) when Jesus actualy begins his rule.

They use the NT's allusion to the "days of Noah" as proof for this.

The presence was equated with the warning era when Noah was building the ARK, and then the Coming is equated with the rain and the flood.

According to JW we are in the midst of the parasoia....

When Jesus's COMING (erchomai) arrives then is when he starts officially ruling.

It has been awhile so correct me if I am wrong...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

*** w56 2/1 p. 77 Cautious as Serpents Among Wolves ***

In 1914 Jehovah God took to himself his great power and seated his Son Jesus Christ upon the throne to rule as king in the midst of his enemies and thus the kingdom of God came into power in the heavens.

It's kind of odd to refer to the reign as a "Millennial Reign" when it began about a century (at least, potentially) before the start of the "millennium". This oddity resulted when the chronology was revised and the "invisible" events of 1874 were moved up to 1914 and the end of the 6,000 years was moved from 1874 to 1975. Russell believed that he was already into the "millennium"; the millennium had already dawned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit