Best Beach Vacations

by beksbks 22 Replies latest social physical

• beksbks
    beksbks

Where? Why?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Every beach has its own personality. It's actually a really tough question.

BTS

• JeffT
    JeffT

What kind of beach do you like and what do you want to do there? Miles of white sand and swimming, probably the gulf coast. Drive your car on the sand, get stuck and watch the tide carry it out to sea? We have a couple of those here in Washington. Watching some idiot try to get his car out of the sand before its underwater is always good entertainment. We also have some areas with great tide pools, and the longest stretch of wilderness beach in the lower 48.

For just hanging out and unwinding my wife and I like Whidbey Island. If you want to go fishing, my parents have a place in Southeast Alaska. I don't think there is much of anything (stores, restaurants, people) there other than clams, shrimp, halibut and salmon.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Well that's why I figured if everyone here gave an opinion/experience, it would cover a variety of tastes.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Oregon coast beaches - wave watching, rugged, surging ..

Coronado - peaceful, beautiful, endless, calm

Wasaga - fun, people, community

Morro Bay - warm, fuzzy, low key...

Just some of mine but I haven't made it to every beach yet...I'm trying....sammieswife.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Mauna Kea Hotel in Hawaii - one of the most beautiful places I've ever stayed. And a great place to play in the water - an inlet with mild waves, warm clear water, white sands and great snorkeling.

Just got back last week from Cabo San Lucas - beautiful, but the water can be treacherous. Our condo is on the sand so we enjoy the view and the pools. We go once a year - I love the relaxation, but Mr Bee gets bored.

• dissed
    dissed

Ah, the beach.......

Under the palms, relaxing in a hammock, watching the sunset at Kona, Hawaii, while sipping a Mai Tai, with my arms around my wifey.....

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Makena, Maui - it's just crazy beautiful

The Outer Banks, North Carolina (particularly Hattaras Island) - relatively unspoiled and seemingly endless

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic - white sand and palm trees for shade

• designs
    designs

Bahia de los Angeles and San Catene.....................when you really really want to get away from it all

• superpunk
    superpunk

Someone mentioned Coronado....

I've been to alot of beaches - I love the ocean, and none, anywhere have made me feel like I did when I was in San Diego. I want to move there so badly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit