Devaluing People

by Magog 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Magog
    Magog

Waiting,

I agree that behavior is the responsibility of the receiver. Their perception may be shaped by things not entirely in their control. Maybe they are not aware of the flaws in their perceptions.

If someone brings me flowers, a person that I have had a long relationship with, my experience with them will shape my perception and reactions. To me, relationships are interactive.

If that same person I have had a good experience wiht acts out of character, my reactions will be different than if it were someone I did not know well.

Is it possible that some of those who left recently acted out of character? If so, how do we react to them?

IslandWoman,

Devaluation may not always be the problem. Maybe in the case of some it is part of the problem. Do you see this possibility?

• Julie
    Julie

Yer full of bull as always iw,how brave of you to trash me when you think Im gone. You dont know me our my life.Until you do,shut up.Tina using julies acct. I usually ignore you as your mental probs have been obvious to many for a long time. Tina-

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

Is that really you Tina?
    If so, ask Simon to reinstate
    your account.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Hi "Julie",

To the contrary, I knew you were not gone!!!

Glad to see you are feeling your old self again!!!

Why are you using Julie's name? Come on be woman enough to ask Simon to restore your persona!

IW

• Francois
    Francois

Magog:

That's a great idea. I mean, after all, monkeys do it. And even some insects sort of crowd around an injured member of their hive. And elephants go to all sorts of lengths to help each other. Perhaps as we are "just a little lower than angles" we could do the same.

Francois

• Magog
    Magog

Francois,

I like your comparison to monkeys. Chickens, on the contrary, will gang up to peck and pick at one of the flock when it is bleeding. It is like they are trying to get rid of the weak for the benefit of the strong. Maybe some humans have too much Chicken DNA. I like to think that we can rise to nobler ways, at least to the level of monkeys.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Just thinking what a sub-group we are here....

1) Jehovah's witnesses,
    2) JW"s who are now (mostly) ex-jw's
    3)ex-jw's with computers
    4)ex-jw's with computers who are online
    5) ex-jw's online who come to discussion boards
    6) ex-jw's on discussion boards who lurk, then post

then when you add to that the ones willing to do research, do web-pages, travel to apostofests, and on and on, it gets really specialized.

You see what kind of person it takes to be here in the first place. I think a lot of us here are really very sensitive individuals who feel very strongly our beliefs and emotions..thus the coming and going.

But at least they are ABLE to come, and to go. They/we do have choices. That is something.

((((( Simon and Mrs. Simon))))

In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the A--postate Team"

• SatanSpawn
    SatanSpawn

Yassa. Devalue people, dass da key, sho nuff. We gots to respeck devalue of people on dishere forum.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit