"large but mainstream" brings what changes next?

by agent zero 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• agent zero
    agent zero

Teel, i like that one. i think everyone would rather spend 10 - 50 bucks a month than spend their saturday mornings knocking. and it would work out for the Society too.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Teel, i like that one. i think everyone would rather spend 10 - 50 bucks a month than spend their saturday mornings knocking. and it would work out for the Society too.

Heck no! No one would do that. What happened to good old-fashioned fake hours?

Look, this is what I see happening in the future: they're already stretched so thin when it comes to middle-management. Not enough are stepping up. Maybe becoming an MS will be seen as more of an obligation for young men. Maybe they'll impress the young men into "rotating MS" status.

I really don't know what else they could cut back to scale costs down. But I could imagine them making a break for hardline measures that end up alienating more and more deadweight.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Teel.....that's what I'm thinking also. Donations to the WW Ministry work in lieu of FS partiscipation accomplishes several things.

1. Money that you would otherwise spend on gasoline, snacks, lunch or whatever goes to the WTS now instead of a wild goose chase of NAH's.

2. Most people, especially teenagers & kids hate field service and would more than likely stay JW's when they get older.

3. Not going door to door would protect many from ridicule and other things that wear away at faith.

If the JW's could do away with the wacky and extreme beliefs, put back more emphasis on Jesus and being loving Christians, then would end up somewhere between current JW'ism and the Baptists.....they might have something.

Think About It

• Twitch
    Twitch

powerpoint presentations

LOL

Complete with WatchTower clipart icon and smiling tigers and bears,...

• agent zero
    agent zero

before this year is over: permanent 30 hr aux pio

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Is that a rumor your heard or a prediction based on this past April?

• agent zero
    agent zero

oh sorry, i'm just guessing based on this April and the apparent "success" it had.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit