Jehovah God - This is the last time we talk, because I don't believe in you anymore

by dissed 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

I find myself refering to Jesus, as the idea, not neccesarily the person....my son used to end prayers with Crease Crise amen. I find myself using that under my breath for good and for bad often. If my husband hears me saying it, he always follows it with a dramatic AMEN.

Me: (watching a glass of wine tip over on the table) CREASE CRISE!

Husband: AMEN!

Closest to prayer as we get.

• dissed
    dissed

I don't think she became an athiest from her final prayer, so much as she no longer believes in the WT god.

My wife said she has an occassional 'prayer like thought', but never to the god of the WT, Jehovah.

• its_me!
    its_me!

Dissed,

I have tried to find this movie on Pay per view and On Demand, I don't think I have the Sundance channel, but I am going to rent this movie and watch it. I have not had the "I don't believe in you anymore" conversation with God yet, I am still very confused. I have been praying (though I am not sure who to pray to), asking for some guidance, begging for some sort of sign to tell me what I should be doing. I just keep coming back to this site.

I think I believe that there is a creator, and God, though I am not sure of what kind of character he or she posesses. It just doesn't seem like, if God grants us free will, and he wants us to serve Him, it should be this hard to distinguish what it is that He wants for us. I am so lost! I just know that I was never "happy" in the Org. At the meetings, we hear what a happy people God's people are. I never experienced this before, as a matter of fact, most of the JWs I know have moderate to severe depression problems, myself included. The cognitive dissonance that these doubts have brought about, has caused me to act very self destructively. I am trying to straighten myself out now, because I was headed for an early grave. Much of my life has already been wasted,I don't want it to end without accomplishing something great, or at least having true happiness even if only for a moment.

Sorry all, I think I strayed from the thread. I am new here and I want to share so much, maybe too much for all of your comfort!

• dissed
    dissed

its_me

I think some one said Blockbuster had the movie.

For me, there was a clear time when I felt He wasn't listening to my prayers, so I stopped except for the meal and meeting ones. It was after a year that I said no more.

Our family has been out for 13 years now. When in we pioneered as a family, worked on the quick builds, helped many to Baptism. We thought we were happy, but since leaving, we feel we have found a real life. It took a year or two to get accustomed to the outside, but now we have a solid purpose and have found much joy.

The especially good thing? My daughter was 5 when we left and so we got to raise her with a balanced healthy life. She graduates HS this May and already agreed to intern at a horse training facility (her passion) while attending college. She's on good road for a happy life with none of the JW hangups that we carried.

• skywho
    skywho

i started out praying like White Dove.... but last Time i prayed i said something like: "God, Jehovah, Jesus, Hell, The Flying Spaghetti Monster, or if there is a God at all". I haven't got the chance to watch it all the way, but I'm hoping to finish watching it tonight. I find myself agnostic almost atheist now so praying is hard since I don't know who or if there is a deities.

Its_me!- we have the movie so you can just spend the night and watch it here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit