Has any GB member ever said, "I am one of the F&Ds class"?

by moshe 22 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

Yes, Blondie- WT article, yearbook comment, or a transcipt of a talk, even. For example, Did Freddie Franz ever personally say he was one of the slave class? People who are anointed are easy to spot, they partake of the emblems, but I never , ever heard an anointed person declare they were part of the F&DS- probably because they never had anything to do with the publication of the WT and the "meat in due season" that the slave class was supposed to provide.

• moshe
    moshe

Suppose an ex- JW went to court and sued for alienation of affection, because his JW wife couldn't stand living with an unbeliever. Now she got the idea he was a spiritual threat to her from the pages of the WT, from an article that was considered to be "meat in due season", which is provided by the faithful slave class. So the unhappy ex-JW husband's lawyer sends a subpoena to Bethel addressed to "any member of the WT F&DS class", to testify in court. They want to find out, if they really did OK that WT article that caused the JW wife to give her husband the cold shoulder. I am guessing the ex-JW is looking for about $50 million in damages, as he really loved his wife and she used to be so good in bed and now she is a cold fish. Anyway to cut to the chase, what are the odds that the legal dept will send it back" no such person exists". which would verify that this whole F&DS thing is just a huge fraud.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

So what if you can't find on record any of them saying outright that he is a member of the FDS. It's axiomatic they claim to be. They all take the emblems and the GB is always said to be a group of anointed men who represent the FDS. What more evidence do you need? What is your point exactly? The legal scenario in your last post is absurd.

• moshe
    moshe

They claim to be? Well the pages of the WT say such and such, but doesn't anyone find it strange that nobody will openly admit they are one of the F&DS? Suppose the insiders in the WT org have known this F&DS thing is a total fairy tale since it was invented as a means to control the rank and file, but nobody ever says they are "personally" one of them, so did any one individual actually lie to the sheeple? Maybe the corporation lied, but that is not a person. Did the individual JW ever do his due diligence to seek out one of the F&DS? If they did they would come up empty handed when they went to Bethel.

• designs
    designs

Moshe,

When I heard David Splane give his rant about listening to the FDS as the voice of God he used third person language and not 'listen to me'.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It's always "third person" language in order to avoid the sort of responsibility Moshe is pointing out. They want the authority without the responsibility. That is why they don't admit who wrote what article, book, chapter, whatever.

Even the "Governing Body 'represents' the Slave Class" language is a cop out because it never really says they're members of it, just the representatives. It's implicit but still not directly stated. And names are rarely used.

Cantleave mentioned 8 people. I thought they were back up to 12. With all the additions and deaths, it's hard to keep track of the GB. What's the current membership?

(Side note: I don't believe the GB wield much authority anymore. The corporation and its financial interests have to come first. They throw the GB a bone now and then by allowing them to assert their authority in print, but this serves to protect corporate from scrutiny from the rank and file, who still mostly think the GB are in control.)

• moshe
    moshe

A real live, official F&DS person is begining to look as rare as the wily Jackalope.

• moshe
  • believingxjw
    believingxjw

Moshe,

Are you a man? Just wondering. Have you declared yourself to be a man here?

• moshe
    moshe

I had an epiphany out on South Dakota badlands- looking for that Jackalope- and it hit me- maybe I should look for easier prey- like a real life member of the F&DS- still looking for him. Now, I read on another topic, they all left the WT building in 1972 and went up on a hill to await Armageddon, leaving the WT magazine in the hands of some nice Bethel kids. Maybe, I could have been a GB member, if I had sucked it up more at the KH. They did invite me to Bethel once- on the contruction crew.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit