How would you describe your Congregation

by Truthexplorer 21 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

My former congregation was about as lively as a wind-up toy with the mainspring busted. It literally wound down, and it seems that the mainspring has been removed.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Old, and getting older.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I have no congregation and claim none. W.Once

• The Finger
    The Finger

Nice people on the road to hell

• yknot
    yknot

Well I am in the parking lot of my hall right now......

I don't think I can stand the WT study today...... our talk was 165's " Whose Values Do You Cherish" and while the Brother hit all the 'points' on the outline he really I mean really drove home the idea that if you think you are doing enough, you aren't.

So I guess this is timely.....

My congregation has over the last 30 years gone from primative to strong conservative and that has been a bit of a relief but still it is not enough....

The present BOE does have it's priorities (FS numbers, donations to the KH/WWW and attendance for morale sake). Honestly their main priority is their own standing before the CO. They busy themselves trying to present the 'company' message, making concluding comments that shore up back to party-line thinking.

On the surface things are the way things are suppose to be but on closer inspection you begin to discern the pecking order. I am a nobody really my only 'value' is what I represent which is retention but clearly as many of you already know I am a very poor representation. Our KH is divided between those who really believe (I mean really) and those of us who play the game more than we believe but put on an UBER-JW suit when being watched and I expect that number to be far greater than the latter in 5 years.

Time-wasting warm body and no FS JWs are actually valued somewhat now.......warm bodies are a good thing in these days of KH mergers!

We now have an equal amount of age groups....... meetings in the words of the 10 year old in front of me today 'are soooo boring'. Which is the other part of the reason I am in the parking lot, she needed a distraction, her single mom needed to be seen without having a disobedient non-compliant child making a ruckus (Mom desperately wants to be given approval). She is sitting here reading National Geographics Kids with my child (other one with Dad today). They are having a great time comparing the March and April issues. There really is nothing for them to do now since the easy WT comments are now given by adults. I find most parents don't 'study' with their kids anymore like ours did, it is just picking out opportunities for the child to comment. This other child is being 'punished' by her mother and will not have the 'privilege' of answering until after the Memorial.... can you say convert mother! (Now the kiddos are getting out the travel Yahtzee)

We all just sit there bobbing our heads, making praising and circular comments........ I get sick of the phrase 'I appreciate' and 'The Slave really draws our attention to....'

FS is a joke, sure some really do it but that number is very small and the breaks and driving really make them no better than us FS-fudgers!

Yea the end is nigh, be loyal to the slave, take a full share of the harvest work.....blah blah blah

It is such a nice day I think I will text the mom to grab my stuff and meet up later to swap. She probably jump at the chance to mingle or do 2 hours of late FS.

• moshe
    moshe
    -'The Slave really draws our attention to....'

The F&DS is like a UFO- every JW has head of them, but nobody has ever actually seen one. I mean, has a JW every seen any JW say, " I am a member of the faithful slave class". I don't think that even anyone on the Governing Body has actually made that statement. It must suck going to meetings- you need to liven it up- do something unexpected-

• spawn
    spawn

the cong I used to attend can be described as Dull, Boring, Full of Old People, Loveless, Sad, Devoid of Personality and Back stabbers. I could go on all day but Im getting depressed thinking about them.

• Nowman
    Nowman

Sounds like the Libertyville, IL hall circa 1986-1990. Hard to be a teenager in that hall.

Nikki

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Thanks to all for your comments, particularly your experinces at your KH Yknot.

The reasons why the meetings are so boring is because there is no spontaneity. We have no liberty in Christ, in that we cant express ousrselves freely; we cant talk about the wonderful scriptures we discovered and say how it truly affected us. Rather, we are carefully controlled in what we say and do; and how we express ouseves.

One brother in my hall, who to be honest is a nice guy (an MS) who now gives public talks, but boy he could do with some 'cheer me up' tablets. The guys face is dead pan throughout his talks; his voice is dead pan through his talks; his enthusuiasm is dead pan through out his talks .

One Brother, who I have to say is probably one of the friendliest sincere brothers in my hall, came out with an incredible comment at a WT study recently. He said how wonderful Jesus is (with bucket loads of emotion). He then said 'Jesus is mine, oh yes, he's all mine, such is my love for him'.

I mentioned this to a brother afterwards and said wasnt that a great comment such and such said. He laughed and said, it was brilliant..then said....I was almost expecting him to grab the microphone and break into some soul music.

Yet, this brother simply expressed his true feelings for Gods beloved son..and why not? I wish more brothers were like that. The hall would be buzzing!

Anyway, again thanks for all your comments everyone.

TE

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Judgemental

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit