Just had JW come to the door to invite me to memorial

by tec 23 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

This is the first time that I ever refused to go the Memorial. Usually I make excuses or fall back on the 'maybe'. In fact, I have never stated an opinion that differs with anything that a JW at my door says. I nod politely, smile and listen... they certainly take enough punishment from the people who insult them, slam doors in their faces, and curse them out.

But she handed me and invitation, and asked if I might go. This time I answered calmly... no, I won't be attending. She got a puzzled look on her face - she knows I did an extended bible study with another woman and very nearly joined. So I explained that I did not believe that only the 'anointed class' should receive the emblems. (I had to ask what the *emblems* were called, because I didn't know, so at least she was engaged in what I was saying) I told her that the one memorial I did attend made me feel like I was somehow less and *left out*. I quickly explained that I had not forgotten the teaching about the anointed going to heaven, and the rest of us being resurrected on earth. I said I just didn't see that when I read the bible.

She then asked, So you believe some parts of the bible and not others?

I repeated, No... I just don't see what you see, when I read the bible.

She said that she had never of anyone feeling the way I described. She seemed sincere when she said it. And at that point, my husband came downstairs- I believe the witnesses know that he doesn't like them coming here. So we said goodbye until next time.

Personally, I think it was a good thing that my husband interrupted any additional discussion. I have a habit of putting my foot in my mouth when I get emotional about something - and I was shaking after just this one assertion - and then my words get clumsy. But this way, she left, hopefully with a thought she never heard before, and I didn't get a chance to screw that up. :)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Memorial..

The one Special Day..

Jehovah`s Witness`s gather together..

And..

Ignore Jesus..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• garyneal
    garyneal

I'll be attending it with my wife this year, but I am thinking that it will be my last. I'll probably still go to the assemblies if they are out of town but if they are in town, then no. I seldom attend meetings anymore.

A part of me wishes that it wasn't so hard. I do feel very sorry for them (the witnesses) and what they have to endure. Maybe with a little hope and prayer we can help the ones that we love.

• Heaven
    Heaven

tec, you did a great job! You definitely gave her something to think about. It takes time but working on keeping the emotions down is a very important thing to be able to do. Even when someone is getting upset with you, remaining calm shows them that you are not buying into their game. Emotionally reacting fuels the fire in the exchange. When you don't react with emotions, there is no more fuel and the fire goes out.

garyneal... taking into consideration that you are a Christian and you believe in the taking of the emblems, then I think, if there is only one meeting of the JWs you should keep going to, it's the Memorial. And each time you go, you should partake!

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

tec

This morning I was talking to my son around 10:00 a.m. and the dog was barking up a storm. He usually barks when the door bell rings or there is something going on the back yard. I looked and he was barking while still laying in his bed.

I looked out the window and saw no car in the street or driveway. I go by the door and see 2 young boys standing by the door. I didn't answer the door. They left without ever ringing my doorbell or knocking on the door.

I walk out and found on the floor the invite ''Jesus gave his life for many''. It shows the address of the local Kingdom Hall and the start time of 9:00 p.m. on Tuesday March 30,2010.

Does anyone know if the invites are to be left by the door without talking to householders?

• Bystander39
  • Bystander39
  • judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

TEC; you did a smart thing read john chapeter 6; 40-54 AND THE KEY WORD IN ALL THIS IS' ANYONE' be happy your huasbsand know the wt is full of shit

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Yes, we've been told to leave it in the door if no one answers.

• wobble
    wobble

Well done dear Tec ! I too shook the first time I confronted Witnesses, who happened to be my family members, but the next time I was calm and collected, it was quite a contrast.

I think that first time brought home to me that, we have the upper hand, we have the truth about the "truth", we have the moral highground, they have nothing but the deceit and lies they have been taught by the WTB$.

I do hope she calls back, you will be able to plant more seeds.

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit