i sent my sister inlaw a letter

by looloo 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• looloo
    looloo

my husband has been so upset At her Ignoring him in the street lately (he was disfellowshipped 15 years ago but , she has only just started ignoring him ,shes 19 and about to get married ) i know she must find it hard to start ignoring him all of a sudden and wonder if its her future husband to be influencing her already or just the fact that she feels "guilty"for talking to her own brother , she walked past with her fiance and they both looked at my husband but looked away when he spotted them , so he can not even be introduced to his future brother in law , like normal people . my husband approached his parents about it and they said it is "her decision" but he is welcome to start coming to their home again as they miss our daughter since he was banned from the home a year ago .i wrote to his sister pointing out there are other girls like her who think they are doing gods will by ignoring relatives who have been disfellowshipped from the "one true religion" and these girls went on to write books when they themselves were eventually disfellowshipped also , escape by carrolyn jessop was one book and another was not without my sister by christina jones , they were brought up in the flds and children of god religion s that they thought were the "truth" and i hope she reads these books as she will be amazed at the similarities to the jw religion . i told her her brother would welcome her with welcome arms if she ever wants to be in his life again , its so sad , i feel helpless .

• dissed
    dissed

Makes no sense to me either. Even from the JW perspective, as long as there is no spiritial sharing, what IS wrong with it? I don't get it.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

and some people think this is a harmless religion...

very sad.

The day is coming when the cult memberships numbers will begin to shrink.

That will be a day for rejoicing.

The Oracle

• cantleave
    cantleave

The approach you have you have used, is absolutely correct. Identifying cult traits in other religions helps to identify those found in your own.

• looloo
    looloo

i thought so too cantleave as it made the penny drop for me , and the girls who wrote those books were just like my sisterinlaw once ,ignoring fleshly bros and sisters because they thought of them as "apostate" etc and it was only when they experianced injustices themselves that they began to question whether their faith was right , and i do know it bothers her "having" to ignore her brother. she is only 19 and about to get married and leave the area of her birth so she will have a lot of changes to cope with aswell as being a very pretty and very clever girl who could have gone on to university and done so much with her life aswell as being very sporty and her school wanted her to represent her county in athletics but she said no and is a part time cleaner and fulltime pioneer , what a waste !

• 4mylove
    4mylove

I have read both books and noticed the similarities also. Both books are great insights to the mindset. I too have a spouse that is distanced from his family due to inactivity. He is not disfellowshiped that we know of, but I'm sure it will be coming some day.

What a terrible "religion" (cult)

• alanv
    alanv

I can just about go along with having no contact with someone who is totally anti God and lives a life of sex and drugs etc. But there are very few ex witnesses in that category. The vast majority either before or after disfellowshipping realised the falseness of the Watchtower org, and had no wish to stay in it any longer. I guess we just have to remember the reason why the society keeps to this unchristian way.

It is simply because that it scares the pants off them that current witnesses will start talking to ex members and leave the org. themselves.

• peaches
    peaches

big hugs for you loo loo...

• moshe
    moshe

Shunning a close relative is one way for a JW to get points at the KH. So they ignore a relative to show they are loyal subjects of the WT religion.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Since she herself has been talking with your husband before, it is probably because of pressure from her JW fiance. Maybe in time, she will talk with him again.

The WTS is very insecure about letting its members talk with previous JWs, who have left. And rightfully so, the JW doctrines are shallow and with a little mental stimulation and facts about their obvious "hole-ly/full of holes" doctrines, their members would begin to think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit