Mind Control Cults

by TJ - iAmCleared2Land 11 Replies latest jw friends

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

A non-JW pilot friend of mine who doesn't know I was a JW sent me this, with the title "Mind control made easy!". It was eerie to watch this and recognize the similarities. It could be useful in helping a current JW who has doubts "get out", as it is NOT produced by an ex-JW. I felt it should be shared here, perhaps it already has been. It's worth repeating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnNSe5XYp6E

• skywho
    skywho

that was such a awesome eyes wide open video!!! I just had a run in with my JW Pioneer sister and i'm pretty sure she was wearing one of those shirts! she sounded just like them!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

bookmarked thanks

• looking4peace
    looking4peace

Wow! This video is power. It strengthened my resolve to continue increasing the distance between myself and the Dubs.

L4P

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

The similarities are uncanny, for sure. Now, this video was about "designing a cult"; do you think the WTBTS was "designed" from the get-go (by Russell) to be a cult, or slowly morphed into one with the characteristics described in the video?

• Girlie
    Girlie

Thanks. It is bookmarked.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I've seen this before. Amazing.

• zarco
    zarco

Thought provoking video. Thanks for sharing it.

• teel
    teel

Is it just me, or that singing @6:30 had the same style like the Kindom songs?

TJ: that might worth a separate thread, but imo Russel was a sincere guy (with very wrong ideas, but he was sincere), but Rutherford in the other hand is very possible to have engineered the cult knowingly. Even as a JW I thought that guy looked too much like a power hungry corporate leader, not at all like a spiritual man.

• torn in two son
    torn in two son

Wow. That was a bit terrifying - especially the singing. Not only did they look menacing, it was ominously similar to the "meetings" we have twice a week! Not to mention the briefcases, how we all wear similar clothes, are pyschologically isolated, have an us vs. them attitude...It's remarkable how we don't realize how ridiculous this all is sooner.

Torn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit