Art that expresses feelings as victims of the Jehovah's Witness cult

by TastingFreedom 13 Replies latest jw friends

• TastingFreedom
    TastingFreedom

Some may think that Mind Control is forceful manipulation of a person. It is possible to create a "Frankenstein" by coercive manipulation and thought control. It is a process in which an organization, a group or individual systematically uses unethically manipulative methods to persuade others to conform to the wishes of the manipulator(s), often to the detriment of the person being manipulated. The person can no longer think on his own. The cult member loses his/her personality and becomes like a robot or a blind sheep that needs guidance.

In the beginning, when you are exposed to the cult, they are extremely friendly, warm-hearted, they make you feel welcome with open armst. You feel like you belong, they make you feel special and loved. This is how cults initiate their recruiting. They target those people that are vulnerable in need of a support system. They make you believe that the beliefs of their organization are the panacea for all problems of mankind. They give you hope and a purpose in your life, to the extent that you feel full and even, a sense of walking in the clouds.

The following represents the shunning or isolation that ex-Witness face as they decide to leave the cult of Jehovah's Witneess or are simply disfellowedshipped for not following the strict rules. Their contact and relationships with all friends and family members is cut off. The person who abandons the cult then feels alone in a place of darkness destined to destruction without any support system. It is one of the main punishment methods to manipulate the cult members.

The image below represents the transformation in personality as you are exposed to constant propaganda and indoctrination by the sect like JWs. You are expected to leave behind your old habits, to transform into a spiritual person, and be like God. You have to hate your sinful inclinations and beat your flesh desires. As you transform and get rid of your individuality, you become like a robot, a slave.

This represents the loaded language or thought-stopping expressions that bring a lot of emotions such as "Armageddon" or "The Truth". This paralyze the analytical side of the brain which helps to use logic and critical thinking to process information. By using emotions, the members basically stop reasoning coherently and are simply driven by emotions.

This represents the information control that WTS demands from their members. You are not supposed to read anything not published by them. They claim to be the sole authority, and the only channel to God. You cannot question their doctrines or their prophecies. They want to keep the members in darkness by keeping them ignorant without any options in their future, totally dependent on the cult.

This image represents the relationship control that a cult wants to have over its members. It limits who you can associate with, you are not expected to have "wordly" friends, you are not expected to associate with "worldly" family members. The cult (WTS) tear your heart into pieces by limiting who you are supposed to love.

This represents the fear, guilt and intimidation that members of a cult experience. Cults put mental triggers that if a member doesn't comply with the expected behavior, then there are severe consequences like being condemned for destruction. They break down the person, making them feel like they are worth nothing using humiliation and taking away their dignity.

The next image represents the time control the cult wants to have over its members. Keep them busy so they don't have time to stop and think about their lives, their feelings, and how unhappy they are. The cult will make them feel like they can never do enough! They need to do more for God in order to be saved.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It's like you were in my head.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Well done presentation...images do, in a way words often can't, get a valid point accross...

• Mr Moody
    Mr Moody

No wonder you have nightmares Micky....at least Mr Moody is by your side.

• TastingFreedom
    TastingFreedom

Forgot this one:

And this other one:

When you think you have found the truth and your freedom from the slavery of this world and its traditions, in reality you end up naked and tied up without the ability to move not even an inch.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

This is all you get from me Watchtower Corporation, for all the lies you sold to the people in my name.

The time will come that you will stand to wait to enter my kingdom and I will not let you enter.

• TastingFreedom
    TastingFreedom

You mean this Jesus:

Or this one:

• Scott77
    Scott77

Wow, I like those drawings. Very powerful.

Scott77

• TastingFreedom
    TastingFreedom

Bring it to the top for newies!

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

That is PROFOUND! I love all these!!!! Hey, somebody wanna make some posters?

I think my favorite is the red and Meek Mild Jesus....that one is powerful....

and the next favorite is the cowering woman.....I can safely say, never again.

Oh, and Jesus and the 'finger' to WTS... GO JESUS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit