What to do

by JWinprotest 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• alanv
    alanv

I would agree with option 3.

You may get a visit afterwards. You don't have to invite them in, just say you have some personel things to sort out.

If you want to carry on fading the important thing is not to give them any ammunition for a judicial committee. Just keep everything vague and non commital. Good Luck

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

Undercover, Onthewayout, I'm leaning towards your take on it. I'll probably go and try to keep a low profile. I'm just tired of the bullshit. Everytime we would show up, we would get brothers and sisters coming up to us and saying, "oh we missed you so much, or, I was thinking of you the other day, and I wanted to call you, but (insert lie here)".

It's almost over, I can feel it, and I don't want anything setting us back.

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

Just fade out... make a clean break. Don't answer their calls or visits... They'll forget about you especially if you were irregular for a while. They are probably even expecting it.

• wobble
    wobble

My advice, for what it is worth, but without planning it worked well for us, is, go for a sort of option two.

Find out where the memorial is being held, don't call an elder, any bro. or sis. will know, preferably one who is a bit irregular themselves, go to the memorial, and one meeting afterwards, and then NOTHING.

The one meeting afterwards, as close to the the memorial as possible, re-assures them you were not just "crawling out of the woodwork ".

Lazy Elders, and others, will not realise you are not there for six months I bet. By then you have the moral highground, nobody has bothered,so where is the love ? etc. etc.

Any other course flags things up WAY too early, this is all assuming that you wish to achieve a fade, and minimise confrontation.

If you do not care what happens, just stay away forevever. And follow the tactics other posters have suggested.

I wanted to achieve a fade, and doing what I said above did it for me, I aint DF'd or DA'd and nobody calls on me or 'phones.

BLISS.

Love

Wobble

p.s Let us know how it goes, good luck. ( I did the above in Spring 2008, after 58 years in)

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

The advise is appreciated Wobble. As I said, I am leaning towards going and trying to avoid contact as best as I can. I do want to achieve a quiet fade and don't want to bring unnecessary attention to myself or my family. I still have many family members in, and I don't want to put them in any difficult position where they have to choose between me and the organization. I have two young daughters and it would tear them apart if they couldn't be a part of their life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit