Door to Door Message? A DIVERSION! Where does the MONEY go??

by Terry 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

The door to door work is a sham.

The central activity of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is not spreading their so-called "message" about the Kingdom of Jehovah established in the heavens in 1914.

That's a load of propaganda.

The door to door activity is feckless in producing converts. In fact, it is an immense failure of mammoth proportions!

But, it is a diversion. It is a dodge to keep the rank and file busy. The "work" of preaching is a phoney pursuit designed to give the impression to the world at large that the religion is about evangelism. It is not about evangelism.

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is about real estate holdings, investments of monies and high octane movement of currencies laundered in the guise of religious activity.

It is like the Roach Motel. The money checks in, but, in never checks out!!

Where does money NORMALLY GO in a religion??

1.Workers

2.projects,

3.charities

4.retirement plans

5.administration costs.

Is this true of the Watchtower Religion?

They don't pay their workers enough to keep a hobo alive.

There is no retirement plan, no 401 K, no charities like hospitals or trauma centers or battered women's shelters for the money to be spent on.

JW's don't build schools or colleges and don't even plough back money into the local community with social activity centers or reading programs for the illiterate!

They are totally uncharitable and anti-social.

Therefore the money that comes in from their publishing exploits and free distribution networks of gullible grunts at the local Kingdom Halls, is money that cannot be accounted for.

Guess what? They are a religion; they DON'T HAVE TO ACCOUNT FOR A PENNY OF IT!!

Don't most large ministries of an evangelical nature spend millions on the Public Airwaves?

The Watchtower Society doesn't use public airwaves, broadcasting media, podcasts, Television, DVDs or any contemporary technology proven to be effective.

Do you know why? THEY DON'T WANT THE MESSAGE UNDERSTOOD!!

That's right. The average John Q. Citizen can only tell you in vague terms what Jehovah's Witnesses DON'T DO or DON'T BELIEVE. They cannot begin to tell you what they DO believe!

Mind you, this is after a veritible blitz of propaganda for over 100 years taken to the very doors of community after community, public talks in local Kingdom Halls and International Assemblies with considerable media coverage.

Does this strike you as peculiar, strange and suspicious?

Well it is on purpose!

The preaching work is a sham and the religion is about money; hidden money; big money.

The magazine articles are a front.

Communism pretended to be about the welfare of the worker and the plight of the underprivileged. It wasn't. That was just window dressing to get the disaffected to become true believers and overturn the power structures for a takeover of the real power behind Communism: fascist dictators!

Look at the facts and follow the money.

Mainstream religion has to do something PUBLICLY with the money they raise like pay for air-time, pay for orphanages in Africa, pay for a new transmitter, pay for a new steeple or glass cathedral or theme park. Mainstream religion wears its charity on its sleeve. Mainstream religions build schools and colleges and hospitals with the money they receive and still have a fortune leftover to house the preacher in luxury and splendor!

But, Jehovah's Witnesses present a public face deceptively out of touch with the real power brokers formerly in Brooklyn that serves to deflect these questions about "where does the money go?" The JW who knocks on the local door is dressed in a Montgomery Ward suit and a scuffed pair of cheap shoes. They don't take collections at their Kingdom Halls. So, the public face is that of shabbiness and under achievement. Little do the folks know about the cash cow printing presses in New York, the investment portfolios and the stagnant accumulation of mountains of currency.

Think about it.

Think hard.

The message doesn't matter.

WHERE IS THE MONEY?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Great post!

Isn't there some kind of public disclosure requirement for non-profit organizations? It seems as though nobody knows how much money the WTS actually has.

It always used to bug me when I'd be at someone's door 'witnessing' and the homeowner would say something like 'you're here to convert me' and we'd all say the same thing - 'no, we're not here to convert anyone; we just want to share good news'. I knew that was a lie even when I was saying it - of course we were there to convert people....cripes, how was I able to do that?? Just lie to people??

• dgp
    dgp

Marked for later.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I completely agree. Even after I'd been out for several years and had just come to the realization that the Watchtower is a cult, I didn't fully realize that it was about money until I read about the great parking lot scandal in Washington state.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

So where does the money go?

There was a poster here a few weeks ago who works for some financial firm that sets up trusts for big businesses (like the WT) on foreign soil, basically hiding the money and protecting it from taxation. Seems likely that at least some of the money is going there.

But what about the rest? I don't see anyone visibly living in luxury. Other than the upper eschelon's travel perks, there doesn't seem to be any great graft being taken anywhere. Could the lawyers be getting it all?

It's a great question with some solid reasoning behind it but it doesn't lead to any answers.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have noticed that the door to door work is a complete waste of time. I felt I was doing something meaningful when I first started out. Then, the same territories get recycled as "fresh". Invariably, people that were not interested the first time were not interested the next time. Those who were not home the first time were not home the next time. And, those who took the littera-trash would disappear, and only go so far before maxing out. Not once did I manage to complete a study. I have seen quite a few people that would study for a while, but most would either get so far and then go no farther, quit, or continue through the book and still not attend so much as a single boasting session.

After a short while, I felt I was not really accomplishing anything. From the platform, they blamed us for not having the results that were in the washtowels and yearbooks. Either we were not using proper presentations (I was using the exact presentation in the Kingdumb Misery, and so was everyone else), or we were not returning on calls in time (they rarely were home). Soon, I lost interest in doing it. I continued for a time, but I was more interested in seeing others running into problems. Most of the pio-sneers were doing it because they had to get their time in.

All the while, the money we were putting into the boxes was wasted. What they don't tell you is that, if the congregation funds approach around $3,000, they will bleed it all. I have seen that happen once--we had just under $3,000 in our congregation fund, and it was all bled to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. Thereafter, we were struggling to make the payments--seems they had a nice cushion against unexpected expenses or hardships, but they threw it away.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think JWs are probably one of the few religions that don't have a single wealthy local congregation anywhere but who's leadership is filthy stinking rich. Not the only, but one of the few.

• undercover
    undercover

Good post, Terry...

The WTS has evolved from strictly a publishing empire to a real estate holding corporation. The change in the donation arrangement killed the golden goose, but they finally figured a way to increase the lost revenue with the real estate deals.

It's ironic that God's channel of communication that has acted as prophet to the world to warn all of us of impending doom and destruction did not see the real estate bubble bursting.

But it hasn't stopped them. They're selling all of the Brooklyn properties and buying upstate and in Canada. Even with the down market, there is millions, if not billions, to be made in the sell-off. Like was pointed out, there are no salaries, all the maintanence was free labor. All the improvements and additions was from free labor. Even if they have to sell it for less that what it was worth 3 years ago, they're still coming out way ahead of what a normal business would have.

And it's all tax free...

I like the point of how the message doesn't really matter. It's all a front. The magazines, the ministry, the meetings are all nothing compared to the need to rake in money.

What I wonder about sometimes though, is just who is running things anymore?

Are there corporate lawyer types that have taken over enough to create this money laundering system yet are smart enough to leave a puppet dictator in place? Surely the old fogeys that make up the GB aren't smart enough to come up with such a scam. If the corproate types are smart, they leave the people their heros, their leaders and those leaders are naive enough to think they're actually in charge of something, all the while they're being scammed by the very people that they brought into the fold.

The more I think about it, the more I realize just how easy it would be for unscrupulous insiders to take control and divert everything. If something like that was to ever be discovered, it would be the demise of the corporation. It wouldn't be false doctrines or child abuse scandals...it would be fraud and theft that would bring this religion to its knees.

• Terry
    Terry

If you go waaaaaaay back and read the instructions to Colporteurs for selling books door to door the "tone" of the instructions

clarify what sort of minds were concocting the crafting of a movement that turned into a religion.

I remember as a Full Time Pioneering being granted two ar three cents a copy (I was allowed to keep) to DEFRAY MY EXPENSES going door to door!!

That really boggled my mind.

Why?

It didn't make sense. Not the small amount (3%). That was irrelevent. It was the fact that I was agreeing to MAKE A SACRIFICE and that would certianly include my expenses, wouldn't it? Why wouldn't a sacrifice be a one hundred per cent sort of arrangment?

It was just dissonant enough to puzzle me.

I think it reflects a kind of subconscious guilt on the part of those at the top who were making money hand over fist.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Are there corporate lawyer types that have taken over enough to create this money laundering system yet are smart enough to leave a puppet dictator in place? Surely the old fogeys that make up the GB aren't smart enough to come up with such a scam. If the corproate types are smart, they leave the people their heros, their leaders and those leaders are naive enough to think they're actually in charge of something, all the while they're being scammed by the very people that they brought into the fold.

I have no proof, but I have suspected for a while now that this may actually be the case. I know others here have expressed the sense that the legal department is really running things behind the scenes.

Wasn't there a thread a while back about a house that was built for the legal department head in N.J.?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit