Do You Believe that God Wrote the Ten Commandments?

by cameo-d 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Cyberjesus: "He did write them, but he copied from another Gods since there was no copyright back then"

You are right! It appears that there was a lot of copying going on!

Take a look at what archeologists say about it:

quote:

The Hebrew people were not isolated in time and space. They were part of Eastern Mediterranean culture, and shared in the culture and ideas of their neighbors. The Tablets of the Law, as described in Exodus 20 and 34, bear a striking resemblance to the stele on which the Laws of Hammurabi were carved (see above).

Similar codes of law were created in several nearby civilizations, including Ur-Nammu's code and the later Hittite code of laws.

There were certainly differences between the content of the two sets of laws - comparison shows that the laws of the Old Testament were predominantly 'apodictic' - they began with 'thou shalt' or 'thou shalt not', whereas most ancient law codes were casuistic: 'when a man...., he shall....'. But the actual tablets were probably similar to the stele of Hammurabi.

http://www.bible-archaeology.info/stone_tablets.htm

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

So the next question is....why do people in our day and time still believe that some Sky Spook wrote these laws with his own fingertips?

Lack of knowledge? Lack of education? Wishful thinking? Blind acceptance of those who deliberately mislead?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

GOD: you did such a lousy job on your 10 commandments. You had the chance to write 10 laws and you wasted some on the same issues? Also you did a bad job making sure we remembered them because most people dont remember then and the ones we do we cant keep. By the way lousy job in preserving the originals, like what happened to Joseph Smith uh? I ll text you later more input.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I saw the Movie..

Charlton Heston is really Moses..Not many people know that..

They used Frank Sinatras finger to write the 10 comandments..

I guess God does`nt have fingers..It was good of Frank to help out..

........................ ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit