by bluecanary 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bluecanary
  • Yizuman
    Yizuman

That has to be photoshopped.

Yiz

• steve2
    steve2

Now that's a perfect slogan for controlling the minds' of the dull and gullible: "Obey us or you're under Satan's control"

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Notice they are Canaanites. Church of the Mark of Cain.

• Scott77
    Scott77

wow, interesting. So they do not want individuals to be free thinking ones? I think that is rediculous.

Scott77

• thomas15
    thomas15

I consider myself Baptist although I attend an Evangelical Free Church. While I don't know everything, I believe that the message on the sign has more meaning to Baptist than non-believers. Speaking for myself, I have materials and study many different faith systems including JWs.

I don't think it's a good idea to read Anton LaVey but I don't fear reading the scriptures and writings of other religions. If the Bible is true (which I believe it is), it can stand up to the competition. So too should my doctrine. One of the hallmarks of being a Baptist is "individual soul liberty". But just because I believe it, doesn't make it true (as with all things).

The message on the sigh goes to the concept that without the Holy Spirit and the unchanging Word of God, man cannot know the truth of the things of God. The key word is unchanging. This is where the WT runs into trouble.

Tom

• designs
    designs

Sit in your Protestant adult Bible Study class and push a discussion about Unitarianism, see how it goes over.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Designs

I would love to have you come to a "Bible Study" (at the church I attend) and do that very thing.

I'd just like to know what part of the bible would you want to study, that teaches such a thing.

• designs
    designs

DD,

Actually over the past ten years I have attended several Protestant Churches, Presbyterian, Baptist, Calvary Chapel. I've got to hand it to the folks at Calvary Chapel, that was the turning point to stop going to such gatherings. Although I did witness the same pretentious stuff at a recent Mayor's Prayer Breakfast....that the Evangelicals took over, 7-8 of the local Evangelical Pastors raced to place their hands on the City Counsel members during one of a dozen prayers said that morning. Straining with eyes closed to 'feel something', I guess the Holy Spirit flowing from themselves to the Counsel, some with eyes tightly and earnestly closed, others staring at the floor or ceiling they got the Lord to bless the counsel real good

You know for the $20 cover charge you just can't ask for better entertainment except they didn't serve Stephen's Miracle Frosty Flakes...darn

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I am a Baptist and I can gaurantee you we are nothing like the JW's!! The GB controls what material JW's can/should read and there are consequences if you do not obey. In the Baptist faith, you do not have that limitation. The only thing we discuss in our womens group is how you have to be careful what you do read because that is one way that Satan will infiltrate his lies. If there is something that you read that doesn't sound quite right, then it probably isn't. But, it's still your free will to choose your own material.

If that sign is for real, I think the Pastor is trying to convey the point that ones that are lost and that make their own decisions "free thinker" that is not according to God's laws, are following Satan. I don't think he is referring to what materials/books/publications you read.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit