I would Appreciate your comments

by lancelink 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• lancelink
    lancelink

Thank you everyone for your comments, I really do appreciate them all

I find it amazing that for years the scripture in John 13:35,

"your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples" (new living translation)

was one of the main reasons I remained loyal to the wtbts. I really believed that they followed this admonition.

After reading some of the comments posted above, my jaw literally dropped.

Aude Sapere's story regarding his cancer treatment, and Blondie's story,,, completely opposite from what this scripture states.

I'm truly sorry that you both had to go through that stuff,,, you both must have a "core of steel" to successfully get out of there with

a level head !

Thanks again for the comments.

• lesabre
    lesabre

i was flat out told several times by people that they would be happy to talk to me after i go back to meetings and recieve the spritual food i "needed". i've never done anything wrong. they know nothing about me other than i don't go to meetings. i never even said anything bad about the wtbts.... i didn't realize that was the norm til it happened to me. my family was never like that at all when we were active. we didn't even care if they were df'd. we still talked to them.... now i look back and see that i had absolutely NO friends growing up. no one actually really got to know us. just chatted at meetings. my husband was born and raised in the same place and has a million friends that he's known since he was little. NOW i see what real friends look like and act like. i'm VERY BLESSED to have his friends completely take me in!!! (and they're all pagan trinitarians. lol!!)

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Is this a normal practice ?

I have never come across this myself - out of all the deaths in recent years in my extended family no one has ever asked me nor my parents to "come back so they can say how sorry they are." Maybe when my parents reach the end of the mortal coil I'll get The Call - but I can tell you the funeral services won't be anything like the bOrg intend.

• xbro
    xbro

you poor sod,ime affraid theyre a rotten bunch,when my pregnant wife and i were in a homeless hostel they turned up to check we were married and didnt offer any help, 'as you did to each of these my brothers so you did it to me" shame on them all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit