did any body have calls and studies pinched off them

by RosePetal 6 Replies latest jw friends

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Over the years my hubby and I would auxilliary pionneer and start studies and develope calls that would take magazines regularly and invite us in. As hubby wasn't a ministerial servant at the time Elders Ministerial servants and Reg pioneers felt they were more worthy to have the studies and calls and would find a way to take them from us. One Ministerial servant told our study who started attending meetings that he should be taking their study and succeeded in taking it over.

• stillin
    stillin

my poor daughter had that happen with a study that she developed when she was pioneering. An older sister took it over like she was in charge. We tried to explain to our daughter that the "sheep" belong to Jehovah, not us. But when the one who steals the study isn't on the same page it really sucks! Robbed my poor little daughter's joy like a stinking thief! And, to compound her misery, the elders were supportive of the older sister who did that.

• dissed
    dissed

Hi RosePetal,

Yes I have one to share that my wife experienced which ultimately lead to her re-thinking this organization.

She had three studies taken away from her by two JW sisters who felt she didn't deserve them. Now you have to understand, my wife was a very good, long time Pioneer, Bible teacher. She helped many to baptism, but that's not why they did it with an Elders blessing.

My wife worked mornings Mon-Fri and could not make the field service arrangements. This was looked down upon by an Elder and his wife, which they considered an extremely bad example to the congregation. Didn't matter that she was Pioneering with a baby, it was bad and she didn't deserve to have such good studies. So they, the two JW sisters, conveniently went to each one telling them to switch, and to switch to guess who? You got it.

The results? One of them did. One of them quit altogether, disgusted with the JW's, while one came to our house crying to my wife about it.

I felt we needed an Elders meeting to resolve this. My PO didn't believe this could happen and chastised me for making this up. Sheepishly the Elder that authorized it said nothing, so I pushed him on it. He admitted he authorized the two to do it.

I had never seen my PO lose it like this. "You did what!"

The guy smugglied answered it was necessary. The Body of Elders didn't see it the same way. He was admonished to not act independently of the body and to apologize to my wife. Plus to see if the could restore the studies back to her.

My wife refused to accept his apology, he didn't mean it, he was ordered to do so. And my wife said no to restoring the studies. Too late, the damage was done and not reversable.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

My sister was studying with the wife of a married couple, and the husband of the couple was studying with an Elder (separate studies). Everything was fine until the Elder’s wife decided that she should be studying with the wife, and made a huge fuss until she got her own way. Elder’s wife was one of those born-in, butter-would’t-melt-in-her-mouth types who was really nasty and spiteful when she didn’t get her own way.

I know it really hurt my sister, but she still doggedly sticks to “the truth”.

• cantleave
    cantleave

It all seems so petty now. But when you are in the cult your status is increased by the fact you are conducting a study. I feel so guilty about those I helped to recruit. Maybe those who have pinched studies will one day feel the same way when and if they wake up.

• Girlie
    Girlie

It never happened to me, but it did happen to a JW friend of mine. She was close friends with this RP who is mentally unstable and known for her ruthless behavior. They would go on some return visits and conduct bible studies together. My associate found this one study who expressed enthusiasm about her bible studies. The RP went with her on a couple of them and decided to return on this said study on her own and would conduct studies without my friend's knowledge. Eventually, the RP took the study away from my friend and pretty much told her that her status as a RP outranked her ability to keep the study. Pathetic. I never understood nor cared about the whole status thing that goes on in a congregation.

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Hi Stillin That is awful that happened to your daughter especially from an older sister who should be setting an example and the elders okaying it. Over the years I experienced and saw so much of this in the congregation. As cantleave said it may seem petty but to a young person it can knock their confidence and they feel things deeply then if you protest they accuse you of not being humble enough. Its true that it is all about status in the congregation. dissed I am so glad your wife woke up and this led her to re-thinking the Org. They treated your wifes hard work and effort even though she had to work and had a baby and was pioneering with contempt. As far as I am concerned they were not worthy of her hard work. How dare they say she was not worthy to have those studies. Broken Promises your story is typical of Elders and their wives thinking they are entitled to things and step over their brothers and sisters to get them, seen that hundreds of times over the course of 40 years. Girlie its amazing isn't it how when we were in the Org we just took it all and got on with it like your friend I hope she eventually wakes up as we did.

Thank for your comments. RosePetal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit