Regarding the Mexico Situation

by superpunk 11 Replies latest jw friends

• superpunk
    superpunk

I have an e-friend who is trying to leave quietly, but his wife is still buying the WTS explanations. He asked me this earlier today, wondering if anyone here has heard this chestnut, and if they'd be able to clarify. Thanks in advance;

I have spoken to my wife briefly about the issues brought up in the book regarding Mexico namely the bribing of officials for the Military Certificate and falsifying it to show that they participated in the program as contrasted with the situation in Milawi. First, she did not believe me. No surprise there. However, today she contacted her sister who attends a spanish speaking congregation in ******. Her sister did indeed confirm "many issues" related to the witnesses in Mexico but apparently the Elders in that congregation some from Mexico attributed those issues to the "apostates" at headquarters intentionally mistranslating information for the friends in Mexico. And directly implicated Ray Franz as head of the writing department as the primary source. I was dumbfounded and didn't even know what to say. She seemed so happy to have that escape from the harsh reality. I still don't know how to clear the issue up.

I told him he could write Ray Franz through Commentary Press if he needed to know for his own edification. If anyone has a link or a suggestion I'd appreciate it.

• DNCall
    DNCall

Your wife's sister should ask the elders when and how the Society corrected the matter.

F.

• superpunk
    superpunk

It's not MY wife, lol.

I am just wondering if anyone had heard that rumor or explanation before, and if they had any response to it besides laughing at the ridiculous amount of bull that was involved.

• dinah
    dinah

Liars, Liars, pants on Fire!

• startingover
    startingover

Reminds me of the mental gymnastics some believers on this board go through to stick up for their god. One thing I have learned in my journey, if someone wants to believe something they will find a way. Wish I could help you with your question but I doubt the claim has any meri. But it would be real easy to run it by Ray, he could probably use a laugh.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Maybe he should ask his wife why wts didn't register as a religion until 1989(?) ? Mexican constitution of 1917 allowed all kinds of religions and cults to exist with the exception of owning property. So why was wts so afraid to be registered as a religion during all those decades? They are not for profit, right? :) It shouldn't matter if property wasn't under wts name if that was the case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_Constitution_of_the_United_Mexican_States

see article 24.

So Mexican witnesses were pretending to be a culturl organization while knowing they were a religious order. Isn't that lying by the wts since they fight throughout the world to be recognized as a religion and yet in Mexico they could have had been registered for decades and they chose not to?

Now, I didn't understand what your friend meant about apostates in HQ mistranslating for Mexican witnesses? Can you explain? What exactly is your friend refering to in that statement? IF these elders were implying that Ray OK'd Mexicans to bribe the officials in Mexico can they show some proof that it was Ray? Otherwise they are speaking out of their ass. They are slandering Ray Franz as is typical of wts - when wts doesn't have proof they try to discredit the source or put blame on someone other than themselves. Maybe these elders can tell your friend's wife when did the bribary in Mexico begin taking place? Since the Military Cartilla originated sometime around WW2 (someone might have more details on this) which would mean that witnesses would have been practicing bribary for some time even prior to Ray entering WTS HQ.

Tell your friend to always ask for proof as word of mouth isn't proof of anything. If those elders have some sort of proof they should show it or shut the f up and stop slandering a man who they know nothing about.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think the one thing that strikes me as odd is the fact that Ray hasn't been a JW for years, and yet this practice continues

• smiddy
    smiddy

The fact that jehovah`s witnesses were registered as a" cultural organization",not a religous organization,was an eye opener for me.And this was in effect for decades.

smiddy

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

it's all just a play on words. It's a shame that while Mexican JW's were getting off easy, Those in Malawi tasted death just to sell a few extra WT's

• superpunk
    superpunk

Thank you all for your responses, especially yours diamonddiiz. Should be helpful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit