Oldest person in the U.S. has died today -

by JWoods 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JWoods
    JWoods

Here is a link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_oldest_american

As she was 114, this would have made her what, approx 8 in the year 1914? Wonder if she was aware of the specific importance of that year?

Good to know they got that Awake title page trademark fixed in time.

• sir82
    sir82
    Ray was born May 17, 1895, in Bloomfield, Prince Edward Island, Canada

She would have been age 19 in 1914.

• Chalam
    Chalam

"A good innings" as we say in the UK!

Only another six years available after 114 anyhow.

Genesis 6:3 (New International Version)

3 Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal ; his days will be a hundred and twenty years."

Blessings,

Stephen

• JWoods
    JWoods

Oops - subtracted 104 instead of 114. Still, adult people (or even teenagers) alive in 1914 are really getting scarce.

• undercover
    undercover
    subtracted 104 instead of 114.

Well, it's all good then. We just added 10 more years to the generation that will not pass away...

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Well, it's all good then. We just added 10 more years to the generation that will not pass away...

Yup, and even 8 or 9 would, I think, technically have been old enough to count...

• dgp
    dgp

Marked for reference.

• aniron
    aniron

Surely the "the oldest person in the US" is still alive.

think about it.

• dgp
    dgp

Yes, aniron. But of course the whole point of the thread is to say that the Generation that was alive in 1914 is pretty much dead by now. So are most of the Millions then Living who would never die. Yet another false prophecy that will unavoidably have to be abandoned for "new lite", don't you think?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> Surely the "the oldest person in the US" is still alive. think about it.

Reminds me of the sign you see at bars that says: "Free Beer Tomorrow!"

Of course Mr. Crabs, from Spongebob Squarepants, had a great response: "What is today but yesterday's tomorrow?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit