Please add to this story ...

by compound complex 36 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Bedtime Story

Bed is sweet and safe. Warm and comfortable, too. The anxieties of a hurried and frantic flurry of daytime activity is put to rest as the weary head succumbs to the feathery down of a ticking pillow. Where else can one find repose so gentle, so eminently guaranteed as upon one's divan of nighttime bliss?

My day, Brad Jenkins mused, has been long. Too long. Too hectic. This long, hot day has already bled into the twilight of an evening that promises no relief from the unseasonable heat. Finally free of my workday's entanglements, I jump into my speedy little wheels and head down the expressway as quickly as the law and my fleeting good sense permit. Some twenty interminable minutes later, I pull up to the apartment complex I call home sweet home, grab the keys from the ignition and hop out and up the stairs by twos till I reach the entry to my castle, the fortress against the craziness of my life.

My run toward the bath is marked by a trail of sweaty clothes that still appear somewhat presentable but cling to me with way too much possessive fervor. In the shower, I don't even bother this time to adjust carefully the hot and the cold against scalding or freezing my wracked-out frame. I let a blast of cold water hit me square on the face. "Ahhhhhh ..." the shuddering but relieved cosmopolitan sighs.

After a vigorous dry up and down, I pop on a pair of shorts, grab the remote off the nightstand and dive backwards into the waiting embrace of the horizontal plane of cushy comfort and sweet dreams. Surfing through a half dozen channels or so and getting bored before I develop the usual yawn of disinterest to stifle, I click off the box, tossing the remote to the foot of the bed. I grab and fluff my pillow both ends against the now billowing middle and lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, if I should die ...

In his haste to hit the sheets, Brad forgot to check under the bed and in the closet....

• Open mind
    Open mind

Suddenly, Brad's son Binkley bounds into the room with an announcement from Berke Breathed:

http://www.platypuscomix.net/otherpeople2/blmd830109.gif

Sorry, CoCo. Couldn't resist.

I'll leave the actual creative process to others more gifted than I.

om

• musky
    musky

I couldn't help but feel torn between remembering my heavenly father and concern about the unchecked areas.I forgot the ritual.I never forget the ritual.Ever since that day long ago when I was a small child.I distinctly heard it.I was not imagining.It came from under the bed.Or was it from the closet?I couldn't tell for sure.I clearly remember lying there,motionless,frozen,afraid to take in my next breath.After what seemed like hours,I said to myself,"1,2,3,I am free.You will not bother me".It made me feel more confident,less afraid.I said it the next night,just to be sure.Although I did not hear the noise then.Somehow,the next night became every night.I became afraid again.Afraid that if I did not say the ritual,then the noise was sure to return.Perhaps louder this time.But this night was different.Why?Maybe I was just so glad to be hitting the sack.So glad,I started to lose respect for the creater of that noise from long ago....

• flipper
    flipper

......... suddenly, an odor eminated from out underneath the bed. Brad forgot to put the cat outside before leaving earlier ! Sure enough wet urine was creeping out from under the bed as Brad's soft wetness on his feet was very telling once he arose to check. Trying to keep his temper under control , Brad went and got soft absorbing paper towels and vinegar chemical to clean up the mess. But where was the cat ? What was that noise clanking around in the closet ? Brad checked- and there was Oozy the cat shuddering in deep, withering fear ! What would Brad do ? Would he be civil- understanding Oozy was just a cat ? Or expect MORE of Oozy than Oozy could perform ? Brad picked his cat up and said, " It's alright my furry friend, it was MY fault you pissed all over the floor. I'll remember NEXT time to put you outside. All was well in the world again and Brad went into a peaceful , although somewhat interrupted slumber

• snowbird
    snowbird

The shirts hanging neatly in the closet moved ever so slightly, then fell still.

Brad began to snore gently.

The shirts stirred again as long, lean fingers parted them and a haggard face peered out of the opening.

Brad continued his slight snoring.

A cautious pair of feet tiptoed soundlessly across the floor while hazel deep-set eyes watched the supine figure on the bed.

Brad snorted and mumbled something incoherent; the intruder froze ...

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I think I am going to ship Snowbird a laptop just to keep her around after hours!

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks

Burn you have a PM

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Quick! Someone do something befoer Bekbks gets the thread locked!!!!

• beksbks
    beksbks

You stinker!!!!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Burn you have a PM

Beks. For the umpteenth time. I'm a married man. My wife overlooked when I was reading your PM. Mr. wiggly is going to be on bread and water for weeks. Which is fine, cuz preggers over there isn't exactly my cuppa joe right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit