How to Hear and See Christ...

by AGuest 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AGuest
    AGuest

To the Household of God, Israel, and those who go with... may you have peace!

For some time now I have come here exhorting all with ears to hear the Master. Lately, I have shared even seeing him... as he is. While the first was hard enough for some to put faith in, the second seems to be even more difficult. Can it be done, truly? If so, why can't ALL see him... why doesn't he just come out of the shadows, per se? It can be done, dear ones, and I have shared how on several occasions. Unfortunately, some still lack doubt and as a result need to "see it in writing." To that end, I offer the following:

"Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, "Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?" John 14:22

Many believe and teach this verse as an abstract... that Christ would "reveal" or "manifest" himself symbolically. That is a LIE. Judas was asking HOW the Master would reveal (manifest) himself to those who belong to him... while NOT doing so to the world. And our Lord answered him by saying:

"If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him." John 14:23

The term "make our home" is also stated as "make our abode with him," "abide in him," and "dwell in him." It comes from the Greek "mone" and means:

1) a staying, abiding, dwelling, abode

2) to make an (one's) abode

3) metaph. of the God the Holy Spirit indwelling believers

The man Judas is recorded to have asked HOW... and our Lord TOLD him HOW.

May those with ears to hear... hear... and get the SENSE of this truth.

I bid you peace.

Servant to the Household of God, Israel, those who go with... and to the world... and a slave of Christ,

SA

• snowbird
    snowbird

Shelby, John 14:23 and 6:35-38 were the final nails in the coffin in which I placed WT.

John 6:35-38 Jesus said, "I am the Bread of Life. The person who aligns with me hungers no more and thirsts no more, ever. I have told you this explicitly because even though you have seen me in action, you don't really believe me. Every person the Father gives me eventually comes running to me. And once that person is with me, I hold on and don't let go. I came down from heaven not to follow my own whim but to accomplish the will of the One who sent me. MSG

Thank you so much.

Sylvia

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Morning Shelby!!..

I don`t understand your post..

I realize it`s absolutely clear to you..LOL!!..

You may want to find another way of explaining it..

And ..

You may want to put a Warning Label on this thread..LOL!!..

You`ve told me about your encounters with Jesus..

Trust me..

If someone can actually see the person you described to me..

They may not be ready for it..LOL!!..

Check out Psacramento`s thread.."With Heavy Heart"..

With Heavy Heart 2~ an hour ago PSacramento

I think he`s feeling all beat up for being a Christian here..

I suggested he might want to become a sumo wrestler instead..LOL!!

I`ll bet a few words of encouragement from you,would help..

Have a good day my friend..

.............................. ...OUTLAW

• AGuest
    AGuest

The gist of my post, dear Outlaw (and the greatest of love and peace to you!) is that when God and Christ dwell IN you... you can not only hear them... but see them. That is HOW Christ is revealed to those who belong to him... how is manifest. I say, to those who belong to him because Judas asked with regard to "us" and not the world... and my Lord's words "anyone that loves me"... because such ones will keep his word.

Regarding being "ready" to see Christ... he is the one that will help such ones get there. I wasn't ready the first time, either, but he is loving and will do it at a pace one can handle. They just need to put FAITH in him... and listen to his voice. If they do that, they will know it is him, regardless of what they see.

Also, I will "revisit" PSacto's thread. I did open it earlier but could not see where the "problem" began, at least not from that post. Has something occurred?

Again, I bid you peace!

YOUR servant, friend, and a slave of Christ,

SA

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

AGuest: do you have anything original to offer us or is this it? Do you really feel you need to subject us to the same old tedious,re-hashed and banal Gospel gibberings? Are you an ex jw? If so, shame on you for moving from one form of fundamentalist self-delusion to another.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Is he black and does he have a beard?

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I had a dear friend that could hear and see Jesus, but only when he was off his meds.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thanks Shelby,thats better..

So if I understand correctly..

People who want Jesus in thier life,must follow the words of Jesus..

And..

Jesus will dwell in them..

Once Jesus is with`in them..

They will eventually be able to see and hear Jesus,just as you do

Did I get that right?..

I checked out the posts that caused all the fuss with Psacramento..

He needs thicker skin..

He said becoming a Christian turned him into a Wimp..LOL!!

Wait till he meets you..

A little "One Woman Jesus Army"..LOL!!

.............................. ...OUTLAW

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Bulgogiboy… may you have peace!

Yeah, this is pretty much “it” and I am not subjecting anyone to anything they don’t want to be subjected to (translation: one needn’t open a thread started by me if one doesn’t WANT to. Translation: if one opens a thread started by me… well, I’m sure you get the point). I am an ex-jw and I am neither fundamental or delusional. Again, peace to you.

Dearest leavingWT… peace to you, as well!

No, he isn’t black – he’s actually a sort of bronze-y copper color – that’s really the only way I can describe it. His skin is shiny (sometimes even flashing brilliantly as a result)… and made of, well, scales. Like all seraphs (i.e., fiery, flying serpents). He doesn't have skin... or melanin... like we have. That was the skin given Adham... after he sinned. Peace!

Dearest Sphere… may you also have peace!

The only thing that “going off [my] meds does is cause my blood glucose to shoot through the roof. Well, at least as far as I can tell. I’m sure there’s some slow kidney/liver/heart/sight damage that goes on, as well. But nothing directly affecting the mind… or spirit. Peace to you!

Dearest, dear Outlaw… PEACE to you, my dear one!

Yep, you got it right. And dear PSacto will toughen up. You just watch – LOLOLOLOL!

To all of you… peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    For some time now I have come here exhorting all with ears to hear the Master.

AGuest - Assuming you also have ears like us earthlings, the Master can be heard in the doctor Who series.

Servant to the Household of Rome, Italy those who go with... and to the world... and a slave of Caesar,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit