Proper view of the appointed times of the Nations! Addition

by wannabe 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannabe
    wannabe

A proper view of the Appointed Times of the Nations!

With Addition!

Most today reading Luke 21:24 draw the conclusion that ancient Jerusalem is in question here. Of course that's a natural conclusion to draw, because it looks like Jerusalem of old is in question, however this subject needs to be examined a little closer; because Jerusalem of old is not in question here at all.

24"And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of [the] nations until [the] times of [the] nations be fulfilled."{Luke 21:24 DT}

We know that it was Jesus himself who made this statement, so one must ask himself, why would the mediator of the New Covenant, concern himself with earthly Jerusalem, which was the City where the old Law Covenant was dispensed? Especially since he himself had condemned the Jews who worshipped at the Temple in that City, and foretold it's complete destruction?

Then too, by his precious Blood the New Covenant was established. There was an obvious change in the situation that existed under the old Law Covenant, from earthly Jerusalem, earthly Mount Zion now, it was Heavenly New Jerusalem, Heavenly Mount Zion. So, the positions of those two Cities had switched over from earthly to Heavenly. He had told them that their house was abandoned to them. {Revelation 14:1}

34 "This is why I am sending you prophets, sages, and scribes. Some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will flog in your synagogues and hound from town to town. 35 So all the righteous blood shed on the earth will be charged to you, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar.36 I assure you: All these things will come on this generation!

37 "Jerusalem, Jerusalem! The city who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her. How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, yet you were not willing! 38 See, your house is left to you desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will never see Me again until you say, Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!"{Matthew 23:34-39 HCSB}

The ancient City of Jerusalem was now out of the picture altogether. Heavenly New Jerusalem had come into being, replacing earthly Jerusalem altogether. Paul will explain what their approach to Jehovah was now:

18" For you have not come to what could be touched, to a blazing fire, to darkness, gloom, and storm, 19 to the blast of a trumpet, and the sound of words. (Those who heard it begged that not another word be spoken to them, 20 for they could not bear what was commanded: And if even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned! 21 And the appearance was so terrifying that Moses said, I am terrified and trembling. 22 Instead, you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God (the heavenly Jerusalem), to myriads of angels in festive gathering, 23 to the assembly of the firstborn whose names have been written in heaven, to God who is the judge of all, to the spirits of righteous people made perfect, 24 to Jesus (mediator of a new covenant and to the sprinkled blood, which says better things than the [blood] of Abel." {Hebrews 12:22-24 HCSB}

12 "The victor: I will make him a pillar in the sanctuary of My God, and he will never go out again. I will write on him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God—the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God—and My new name."{Revelation 3:12 HCSB}

2 "I also saw the Holy City, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared like a bride adorned for her husband."{Revelation 21:2 HCSB}

10 "He then carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God,"{Revelation 21:10 HCSB}

Now, rather than earthly Jerusalem, it was the "Holy City New Heavenly Jerusalem." This now was the "City of Truth," Jehovah's Throne." That this trampling was to be done on, and interestingly enough, this trampling began from right within the true Christian Congregation. As I will go on to show:

18 "Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.19They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us." {1 John 2:18,19

29 "I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock.30 Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them." {Acts 20:29,30 NIV}

1"The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron."

{1 Timothy 4:1,2 NIV}

As Paul had said; this would take place after he left. These savage wolves would move right in and take over, influencing others to arise and distort the truth, even from among the true anointed class, to follow their course to draw away disciples after them. Abandoning the true faith, and take up these teachings of demons that came through hypocitical liars. By so doing trample on Jehovah's Throne City of Truth, as represented by the Twelve early Apostles. So, the appointed times of the Nations began right within the Christian Congregation, with these savage wolves, and from those who deviated from the truth of God's word, to follow those teachings of demons. No one can put a date on the beginning of those apostate workers. So, because of that, it cannot be known how long those times ran, only to say they are still running at this time, and did not end in 1914 as taught.

In Matthew 13:24-30-36-43 Jesus gave a Parable that foretold this very thing.The devil would oversow weeds in among the wheat, and , as it says, "while Men were Sleeping," this would take place. In other words there would be a long period of inactivity, when Jehovah would have no one on the earth to represent him, during which time period these weed like Christian's would be allowed to grow and flourish. All the while trampling on Jehovah's Throne City of Truth, with their doctrines of demons, and distortions of truth; and claims to represent the God of the Bible. Bringing nothing but reproach and shame on the grand name of Jehovah God. Thereby literally trampling on the Throne of Jehovah, and his New City of Truth; Heavenly New Jerusalem. The City of the Living God! {1 Chronicles 29:23} {Jeremiah 3:17} {Zechariah 8:3}

Paul had told us, After he left these savage wolves would appear, and gain, and hold control until the Christ actually took his Ruling authority as King of God's Kingdom. With none of the Apostles left to hold them in check, this apostate deviation of the truth, would have nothing to hamper their false teachings and beliefs, and would run roughshod over Jehovah's Throne City of Truth, Heavenly New Jerusalem; until the arrival of the Christ in Kingdom Power, at which time those appointed times would end with the removal of satan, his demons, his Religous Woman and all of her religious adherents. Only when satan is chained and abyssed, his vast empire of false religion falls- all of the adherents of his vast empire of Babylon the Great is forever removed, can those appointed times of the Nations end. When that is done to completion, then, and only then, will the appointed times of the Nations end, with finality. {2 Corinthians 4:3,4} {Revelation 18:1-3;20:1-3- Matthew 25:41-46} Not until all that is done and over with, will they end.

This is a proper view of the appointed times of the Nations! Too bad the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses missed it, isn't it?

Once we get out of our minds what they have missed, and wipe out of our minds completely what they say about the appointed Times of the Nations ending in 1914, we will then begin to realize that earthly Jerusalem wasn't in question when Jesus stated what he did about the trampling on Jerusalem. With that out of our minds, simply ask ourselves, when did the trampling on Heavenly New Jerusalem begin?

17"At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of Jehovah; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of Jehovah, to Jerusalem; and they shall no more walk after the stubbornness of their evil heart."{Jeremiah 3:17 DT}

How can it be that Heavenly New Jerusalem is now called the Throne of Jehovah? The Psalmist will explain:

1 "Why are the nations so angry?
    Why do they waste their time with futile plans?
    2 The kings of the earth prepare for battle;the rulers plot together
    against the Lord
    and against his anointed one.
    3 "Let us break their chains," they cry,
    "and free ourselves from slavery to God."

4 But the one who rules in heaven laughs.
    The Lord scoffs at them.
    5 Then in anger he rebukes them,
    terrifying them with his fierce fury.
    6 For the Lord declares, "I have placed my chosen king on the throne in Jerusalem, on my holy mountain." {Psalm 2:1-6 NLT}

21"The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne."{Revelation 3:21 ESV}

We see, that the Throne of Jehovah isn't occupied now solely by Jehovah alone, but has the Christ and his 144,000 associate King Priests seated right there with him. So, misuse any of the anointed Brothers of Christ while they walked this earth, constituted trampling on the Throne of Jehovah. Jesus nicely highlited that point at Matthew 25:40,45}

As for, now, why it was called the "City of Truth,"is evident from John 14:6 where Jesus tells us that he was "the way the Truth and the Life."

3"Thus saith Jehovah: I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem;and Jerusalem shall be called, The city of truth; and the mountain of Jehovah of hosts, The holy mountain.{Zechariah 8:3 DT}

Earthly Jerusalem trurned out to be a City of Liars and Murderers. So, desperately needed replacing, as it was.

As far as calculating a date for the start of this trampling on Heavenly New Jerusalem, I don't believe that can be even done; unless of course, the crucifiction of the Christ would be the starting point. They certainly trampled on him didn't they? Aside from that, no one knows how long it will run either, which blows the Governing Bodies interpretation out of the water. Who knows the Date for the Christ to take active Kingdom ruling Power? We'd have to know that date to know when the trampling will end. No one will ever know that particular date. {Matthew 24:36}

I think that is a proper view of the appointed times of the Nations! Let the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses toy with their time prophecy in Daniel. That toying, will, in the end, get them into plenty of hot water. I believe the Apostle John referred to that hot water, as the Lake of Fire, which, I imagine, is plenty hot enough for anyone. {Matthew 25:41} {Revelation 20:9,10}

Something I only just noticed now, myself, that requires this slight addition. Everything the Governing Body of Jehovah's witnesses teaches about the year 1914, hinges on the accuracy of the Time Prophecy in Daniel, since their calculations are quite obviously incorrect, that means, of necessity, that the War in Heaven was not fought in 1914. satan and his demons were not thrown down in 1914. Woe for the earth and for the sea did not begin in 1914. The Christ did not have an invisible presence in 1914. Matthew 24:7 was not fulfilled in 1914. They are quite definitely wrong on all counts. Brother! Has their Spirit Directed Organization been led down the garden path, or what? Wannabe

• Clint Bussey
    Clint Bussey

Do you believe that the hot water and lake of fire refer to harsh reprimanding and refining discipline for those who have erred, or do you believe in everlasting torment? Do you think that when the Kingdom begins it's rule it will be a literal war that Jesus slays the wicked in? Do you believe that the earth will be a paradise?

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

Physical Israel is meant, look at Romans 11 verse one - can that be any clearer? Adding a component to physical Israel is the concept of including gentiles in the promises given to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob … thus the “grafting in” of branches to the Olive tree of Israel illustration.

The promises to Israel are irrevocable. God is a God of his word, “Just let your yes mean yes and your no mean no” tells one God means what he says. The promises are not dependent upon (sinful) human abilities, they are dependent upon God’s abilities. God foreknew the difficult people that the Israelites would be, but all the better to show his grace - “all Israel will be saved”.

Romans 11

Israel's Rejection Not Total

1 I ask, then, has God rejected His people? Absolutely not! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says in the Elijah section—how he pleads with God against Israel?

3 Lord, they have killed Your prophets, torn down Your altars;

and I am the only one left, and they are trying to take my life!

4 But what was God's reply to him? I have left 7,000 men for Myself who have not bowed down to Baal. 5 In the same way, then, there is also at the present time a remnant chosen by grace. 6 Now if by grace, then it is not by works; otherwise grace ceases to be grace.

25 So that you will not be conceited, brothers, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery: a partial hardening has come to Israel until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

The Liberator will come from Zion;

He will turn away godlessness from Jacob.

27 And this will be My covenant with them,

when I take away their sins.

28 Regarding the gospel, they are enemies for your advantage, but regarding election, they are loved because of their forefathers, 29 since God's gracious gifts and calling are irrevocable.

The stuff about spiritual Israel replacing physical Israel is nonsense as displayed by Watchtower esque theology. The promises to US are guaranteed by Gods performance in fulfilling any promises made to ancient Israel people. Would you want it any other way?

How would you view God if he promised your great-grandparents 10 acres of downtown Manhattan ($ 20 per square foot last I heard) and at the time you took your title deed to obtain possession BUT found God had since given it to another family? Well, how?

Matthew 24

No One Knows the Day or Hour

36 "Now concerning that day and hour no one knows—neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son —except the Father only.

It does not allow for any one to know the time of Jesus return, but Russell thought he was exempt from this limitation. If Jesus created the Universe, don’t you think he could decipher prophecy and calculate his future return a little better than Russell et al? Even Satan knew Scripture well enough to decipher scripture.

Matthew 4

The Temptation of Jesus

1 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the Devil. 2 After He had fasted 40 days and 40 nights, He was hungry. 3 Then the tempter ...

5 Then the Devil took Him to the holy city, had Him stand on the pinnacle of the temple, 6 and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written:

He will give His angels orders concerning you and,

they will support you with their hands

so that you will not strike

your foot against a stone. "

7 Jesus told him, "It is also written: Do not test the Lord your God. "

The Tempter (Devil) knew Scripture; secondly he correctly discerned a prophecy therein; and thirdly correctly applied it to the Messiah BUT then twisted it into a temptation. This is the Psalm Satan quoted from.

Psalm 91:11-12

11 For He will give His angels orders concerning you,
    to protect you in all your ways.

12 They will support you with their hands
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

It only takes faith to obtain salvation. What can add anything to the blood of Jesus? Why is faith so All Important? It is ALL important.

The process of salvation involved a great spirit coming to Earth to be contained in a single cell that became a Human baby, who grew into a man who was executed after false accusation. Huh? There is no small problem with reasoning out why this means anything. That’s the point of it. Can you take God’s word that He provided the sacrifice to pay the full penalty for our sins? Well, Remember Abraham and the attempted sacrifice of Isaac? What was the point of that? It was to teach us a lesson, God will provide the sacrifice for sins.

Will you take God’s word that a seemingly absurd act is the ONLY necessary component for salvation? - If you will believe God.

Dude, it took me nine months to get to the bottom of the pile of WT doctrines which they intended to hide salvation without works. I had help from Christian pastors and a seminary Professor after leaving and attending Churches. Also Macgregor ministries (http://mmoutreachinc.com/jehovahs_witnesses/jehovah_witness_index.html) specializes in helping Jehovah’s Witnesses see the errors in Watchtower doctrine. You seem stuck in a quagmire of it. SALVATION is THE POINT of the WHOLE BIBLE not the kingdom power which the WatchTower thinks they will control.

Blessings to all who receive these presents, I pray often for those who write and read here to see their way through the WT errors with God’s gift of strength and patience to get out and find real truth with a family of Christians in a Church as I have,

Paul

• wannabe
    wannabe

Clint Bussey!

As far as the earth ever being a pardise. If you look at the Genesis account of creation you can see the original purpose for the first man was to fill the earth, and extend that paradise garden to the four corners of the earth. To that end they had Jehovah's blessing upon them, as you see from reading verse 28 of Chapter 0ne of Genesis. God's purpose was for a pardise earth with righteous perfect people living on it forever. Too sad,Adam fell into sin, but that didn't thwart Jehovah's purpose, it merely slowed it down-some-what. We know from Isaiah 55:10,11 that Jehovah's words never go unfulfilled. He desired a pardise, we'll get a paradise. It's as simple as that. His Kingdom is an actual Government that will be ruled by his Son, plus 144,000 King Priests with him. Daniel 2:44 tells you it will crush and put an end to all Governmental Authorities during the time of the end, and it itself would stand, or rule forever. That will take place during the War of the great day of God the Almighty, at Armageddon. Revelation 16:14-16 As far as any everlasting torment goes. That is the lake of fire, which is the second death from which there is no retrieval.They are cut off from Jehovah's Helping hand, as the Psalmist tells you at Psalm 88:5. But there is no everlasting torment in any fiery placed called hell. Anything thrown into the Lake of fire has gone out of existence forever. Like an uprooted Tree that never grows again, as Jude 12 tells you. John in his Revelation tells you, that anything thrown in to the lake of fire is no more. Revelation 20:13 tells you that death and the grave are hurled into the lake of fire and gone forever. Hope that helps a bit. Wannabe

• wannabe
    wannabe

Fuzzy Paul!

You are forgetting all about the New Covenant established on the Blood of the Christ. Doing away with earthly Jerusalem and bringing into focus Heavenly New Jerusalem, the City of the Living God. Now we're dealing with spiritual Israel, The Israel of God. Ancient Israel was rejected, not only for their rejection of the true Messiah, but their murder of him. Jesus condemned that Nation, and told them their house was abandoned to them. Jehovah showed that rejection by allowing General Titus leading the Roman Army to carry out the words of Jesus, that, 'not a stone would be left upon a stone and not be thrown down,' in 70 AD. Titus built a wall of pointed stakes around Jerusalem as Jesus predicted, rippong up Ten Miles of Forsest land to do it. One Million were put to the sword, some led away captive, Jesus predicted all of that would happen to them, it did to the letter. Paul will show you now, how the worship was to be carried on under the New Covenant Hebrews 12:18-24- So will the Apostle John: Revelation 3:12;21:2,10¨Now, as I said: `The Israel of God, Spiritual Israel. ^Galatians 6:16¨^Matthew 23:33-36¨Luke 21:21-24¨- Luke 19:41-44- Wannabe

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

We see, that the Throne of Jehovah isn't occupied now solely by Jehovah alone, but has the Christ and his 144,000 associate King Priests seated right there with him. So, misuse any of the anointed Brothers of Christ while they walked this earth, constituted trampling on the Throne of Jehovah. Jesus nicely highlighted that point at Matthew 25:40,45}

Wannabe,

This is something that I would like for you to take a good look at. What should you find? You should find that the 144000 do not rule as Kings. What! Why do I say that the 144000 do not rule with Christ. Because they are chosen our of the 12 tribes of Israel (whoever they are at that time by the 24 elders and the four beasts) but they are not the ones ruling. It is the 24 elders and the four beasts that do the ruling notice:

Re 5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints. 9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth. (10 And hast formed them into a Kingdom to be priests to our God, And they reign over the earth." WEY) *****************************************

Another view of the 24 elders: Re 4:4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

Now the 24 elders and the four beasts who have the harps do a lot of singing and the playing and they do it to the 12 tribes from which 144000 who manage to understand and master their song are selected. Now because they mastered it they can now sing along with them. The rest of the men of 12 tribes however did not. We get a vision of that here:

Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads. 2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: 3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. 4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. 5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

I could not fine anywhere the 144000 rule as Kings in the Revelation but perhaps I missed something. I asked this question to some buy they could not answer. Maybe someone else can.

When all this happens in time in this Kingdom is a problem we must solve, be it before, during or after the final test but the question of who rules and why is less difficult. And Elders and visionaries like the wild beasts have the real authority not the 144000 or flocks they serve, even in churches today.

Joseph

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Wannabe: " His Kingdom is an actual Government that will be ruled by his Son, plus 144,000 King Priests with him. Daniel 2:44 tells you it will crush and put an end to all Governmental Authorities during the time of the end, "

So since Watchtower speaks on behalf of God, how do you think you will enjoy their kingdom of religious dominionism?

Actually, I think the plans are that all religions will be united to enforce their religious laws on everyone. A lot of people will go for it because religion is becoming "green-minded". Let's bring back Paradise Earth, they will say. Yep. Sounds good. You just can't see what all that entails just yet. It's another trick, in case you haven't learned by now.

No body will actually ever see any "Jesus". You will be made to believe that "his presence is here" through those he has chosen as his mouthpiece. Kinda like the FDS.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

*sigh*.....

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Wannabe,

I was not trying to be critical of your view but was just showing how error even if trusted of believed by a majority can effect our thinking. Raking out Watchtower Trash is not always a simple matter and we have to look at every word and phrase, even simple ones. Major doctrinal error is often pushed by simple statements or word comparisons forming theories that most would not give a second thought. So keep up the good work and take care that you can support your statements before offering them to others. Working together we can get this job done.

Joseph

P.S. Your statement: Now we're dealing with spiritual Israel, The Israel of God.

Yes, that is the way I see it as well. Even calling this Israel of God as Jerusalem surrounded by encamped armies works for me. That is another way or giving the faith a name and place in the world that Jews would recognize. I however put it much later in time to what Titus did to the unfaithful Jews that were abandoned and on their own.

JM

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

Mr. Wannabe,

You said, "Ancient Israel was rejected, not only for their rejection of the true Messiah, but their murder of him."

They were not rejected, they were punished again. The promises depend on God's abiblity to deliver on them, not on the ability of the People of Israel to obey.

“all Israel will be saved”. If they aren't neither are you.

On your first attempt at this subject I commented and won't quote it here since multiple posts are not allowed. Here is the page,

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/189931/1/A-Proper-view-of-the-appointed-times-of-the-Nations

I have noted that there is no way to connect the 144,00 with the Kings of Revelation 20:4. There is no way to connect the "other sheep" with "the great crowd". There is no way to connect anyone with "spiritual Israel" everybody seems to want that honor.

The Whore of Babylon is a woman found in "The Wilderness" and is the same woman left their previously as written about in Rev 12:1-6. That is why Saint John said "When I saw her, I was greatly astonished." She sure had changed.

Regards,

Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit