I really need some help

by KICKED OUT 23 Replies latest jw friends

• under the radar
    under the radar

Wow! So let me get this straight... There actually IS a will (albeit changed several times), but you and your grandfather's other caregivers have taken it on yourselves to say there was NO will. If this is correct, and I sure hope it isn't, you all could be charged with conspiracy to commit fraud and probably several other crimes. Believe me, you want no part of this. PLEASE reconsider and announce to one and all that you have found our grandfather's will after all. You will save yourself a world of hurt.

I completely understand why you don't believe your sister deserves a share in the inheritance. And your grandfather may have left his money or divided his estate in other ways you don't think is fair. You have every right to be upset. My aunt is leaving a substantial portion of her portfolio to the Society, which I believe is a total waste. If I could legally and morally stop that from happening, I would. But since she left that portion of her account to them as POD (payable on death), there is NOTHING I can do, even if I was the executor (which I am not). The real point, though, is that it is HER money and she can distribute it as she sees fit, whether I think it's fair or appropriate or not. If your grandfather was in his right mind when he made the latest changes, then you have a legal and moral duty to just accept it as it is. I know it burns like fire, but that's the way it is.

The other posters are exactly right. Your sister will undoubtedly view this windfall as a "blessing from Jehovah," and use these "unrighteous riches" to "advance the Kingdom." Yeah, I know, disgusting and self-serving... but I can assure you that IS what will happen. So for your own peace of mind, try to get over the injustice of it all and get on with your life. If you and the others continue to deny that there was a will, and it eventually surfaces, there will be hell to pay. And if it can be proven that you deliberately hid knowledge of its existence, you could be in a LOT of trouble. Just think about it, OK? Stuff like this ALWAYS comes out. Eventually, someone ALWAYS talks. It'll be like a sword hanging over your head from now on.

All that said, you and the others are to be commended on taking care of your grandfather. I know it must have taken a lot out of you. But you can hold your head high and know you did the right thing. And whatever you get from your grandfather's estate, you can enjoy it with a clean conscience. Meanwhile, please accept my condolences for the loss of your grandfather. I just lost a favorite uncle, and three other close relatives are in the short rows. Nothing makes losing a loved one any easier, but squabbling over money just makes it worse.

Radar

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

He was a wealthy man and had no will

changed his will 3 or 4 times, so we are just saying there is no will so it passes to ...

You will need a hell of a lot more than scriptures or biblical stories when they discover your calculated theft by deception. (Discussed on a public message board, no less.)

~Sue

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

Wow Kicked out you came on THIS board to ask people how you can twist scripture to dick your sis out of something someelse left to her that is none of your business... I am very surprised the responses have been so civil.

How is this any different than twisting scripture to convince someone to be a JW? I hope you see the error of your ways very soon.

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

And FYI, I don't think Mrs. Elder's wife uber-witness is going to be listening to any of your inspirations on the scriptures anyhow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit