You must not eat any "FAT"

by juci32 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nugget
    nugget

As already stated JWs believe that Jesus' sacrifice brought an end to the mosaic law therefore this prohibition ended. However as already stated the early apostles then proposed that there were 4 necessary things that christians were still bound by. (not sacrificing to idols, not commiting fornication, keeping away from things strangled and from blood.)

That being said the organisation has managed to convert one verse of scripture into a centuries worth of petty rules, regulations and policy files. We may be able to eat the fat but there are a thousand and one other things that we cannot do.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

...a tad off-topic, but why don't JWs insist on Kosher/Halal meat, as it is more inline with WT doctrine here. I would also have thought it would be beneficial for the WT to insist on a gradual change toward vegitarianism, as it seems accepted that in the 'New Order' (wow, that expression ages me) we won't eat meat (as indeed we/animals didn't originally). This would reinforce in members that Armaggedon is close and faithful JWs are being prepared for a new lifestyle.

• wobble
    wobble

I think Juci32, that too many years as a Dub has made you take a scripture and not look at the context, boy how many times did we all do that ?

Leviticus 3 is talking about an animal that is sacrificed to the Lord, so the fat,especially a big fat tail, was His. In daily life the Israelites consumed fat as we do, even McCohens burghers I am told.

The point is of course that Dubs have taken Acts 15 out of context too, this was in reply to the question,"What is required of Gentiles becoming Christians ?" (That is not literally the way the question is put,but is the substance thereof LOL)

The answer is made by a bunch of Jewish Christians who really at that time were a sect of Judaism, the Temple being in daily use, but having put faith in Jesus as the Messiah , they could see no need to lumber Gentile converts with the whole of the Law, just sufficient so that their Jewish Brethren would not be offended by the way they lived.

Now, can anybody explain to me how any of that can make any kind of rule for us today ? Will we be offending those brought up as Orthodox, or any kind of religious Jew, by not observing dietary laws ?

Would we by taking a blood transfusion, offend a religious Jew who sticks absolutely to the Mosaic Law ?

NO ! they recognise that saving a life in this way is a sacred duty, anything less is tantamount to suicide.

So, even if we wish to extend the "principle" of the scripture to life today, that of not causing Jews to reject Christ by offending them, we still must accept blood transfusion.

We can, in the spirit of Vs.21 of Acts 15 comply with the law as much as we like, but the above holds true.

As usual the JW's have built a Doctrine that goes against scripture, the shame of it is, this one kills.

Love

Wobble

• wobble
    wobble

Sorry juci32, I just read your first post and realise you are in the invidious position of being married to a Dub, not actually one yourself ,sensible.

I think you have caught their habits though !

Love

Wobble

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

As a JW I would have said something like:

The ordinance on fat was a part of the Mosaic Law, something we are no longer under. However, God's law on blood pre-existed the Mosaic law, was retstated in the Law, and was restated by James after being decided upon as still binding upon all Christians after the Law was fulfilled. Fat was only a part of the Law.

• carla
    carla

Anyone remember the post here a few years back about eating meat in the new system and someone said something about a 'meat tree'? someone posted a pic of meat tree, it was hilarious! The whole post was pretty hilarious because people posted various theories from elders and other jw's, one theory was more ridiculous than the next if memory serves.

• freydo
    freydo

When DIVINE LAW is ignored, there is no bottom to the depravity.

• freydo
    freydo

duplicate

• juci32
    juci32

I think you have caught their habits though !

What habits might that be?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit