Babylon The Great

by roadrunner4speed 11 Replies latest jw friends

• roadrunner4speed
    roadrunner4speed

This is my opinion, I'd like to hear from others on the topic, The Bible says to get out of her my people.. Never says where to go. Just get out like Lot and his family were told to get out. Lot wasn't told were to go just like we aren't told were to go.

Once again I'll state I didn't need JWs as there's a Book called The Two Babylons. If you read any of my other topics, I believe JWs to be part of Babylon the great. I've stated in other folders I was raised a Catholic and joined another religion JWs which claims to be the true religion. In between being a RC an a JW I left off that I looked into many other religions. So I know something about other religions and I came to the conclusions I have. Don't post unless your adding to the topic. Seems people don't understand that principal. Which is what this site is based on.

• roadrunner4speed
    roadrunner4speed

So far I've had this topic viewed 45 times with no comment with no comment... Comment people comment/

• justmom
    justmom

Hello

I agree that the wtbs is Babylon the great as he did say to his people, "Get out of her." Her sins and bloodshed is so vast.....(Rev 18:3&4)

In fleeing... there is no physical place, like another organization,group, religion etc that would have THE TRUTH.

Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth andf life." "Come to ME all you who are toiled and burdened. Take MY yoke."

"MY sheep know My voice." "Flee to Mount Zion." (spiritual)

Peter said, "where do we go to Lord? You have the sayings of everlasting life."

So to flee is not to a place but to a whom! It is to our lord and master. He will guide us directly and speak through holy spirit and teach us all things. If we are willing to hear.

The society has played our mediator instead of Christ to our detriment, misleading some of us our whole lives, and continually lieing saying THEY will feed us at the proper time."

It is time for us to learn, grow and pick ourselves back up and not let them destroy our faith that we once had that attracted us to them.

This is exactly what our adversary (satan) whats us to do. Give up all together (like Job) and curse Jah and die.

Instead... we can go straight to the source of pure lifegiving water (Christ) let him guide our footsteps.

Love our neighbors as ourselves, even our enemies as hard as it may be at times.

Never judge anyone that we may not be judged.

Show mercy and compassion as we want it in return.

Come into union (communion) and belong to him (Christ) as his fellow body.

Let love be our true identifying mark of christianity, not the path the society taught us.

In turn we may bring honor and glory to our heavenly father Jah and "Make a reply to him (satan) that is taunting Jah."

Have a great day

Justmom (Kim)

• AGuest
    AGuest

Amen, and amen! The GREATEST of love and peace to you... and to your entire household... my sister in Christ!

This is the greatest conundrum for most who call themselves "christians"... yet, cannot seem to separate themselves and QUIT touching that Harlot and unclean thing: grasping the TRUTH that there is no WHERE to go away to, but only a WHOM - the One whose name means "JAH Saves/Salvation of JAH" and who is the Anointed/Chosen (Christ) of JAH.

Why is this so hard a truth for some? One reason: a physical man needs to be a part of, connected to, belong to... and worship with... something physical. A "visible representation." Thus, a church. A synagogue. A temple. And they need a visible leader. Thus, a pope, a pastor, a reverend, an elder. As a JW "sister" once said to me and other member of Christ's Body, "People can't worship what they can't see!" She meant, of course, those who walk by SIGHT. And she is right: the physical man CANNOT worship what he cannot see... and anything else is "foolishness" to him!

Those of us who walk by SPIRIT, however, know differently... better! We know that one absolutely CAN worship... in SPIRIT... and in TRUTH... because we DO it, praise JAH!

For those like us who do... may the undeserved kindness and mercy of our God and Father, the MOST Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH... of Armies... and the love and peace of His Son and Christ, the Holy One of Israel who IS the Holy Spirit, our Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... be upon us and our entire households... to time indefinite!

And for those who are "wishing" and "thirsting"... may they HEAR when the Spirit and the Bride says to THEM: "Come! TAKE life's 'water'... the holy spirit of God... FREE!"

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

Shel

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

justmom: "I agree that the wtbs is Babylon the great as he did say to his people, "Get out of her." "MY sheep know My voice." "Flee to Mount Zion." (spiritual)"

Justmom,

Therefore, Jesus's instruction would send you right back to Zion's Watchtower. LOL

WTS is NOT Babylon. The system we are living in, in which there is collusion between the powers of religion and state is the same as the old Roman government. You are being governed and manipulated by both. To get out of Babylon means that you will no longer take part in anything you feel is morally wrong in the work that you do and that you will not obey or take part in cruel spiritual dominance of others. It also means that you will not allow others to coerce you to be involved in things you know are wrong. Which to me, that would mean showing up at meetings where your very presence gives indication that you sanction this religion and its evils.

• roadrunner4speed
    roadrunner4speed

Post 7 of 10
    Since 2/12/2010

Hello

I agree that the wtbs is Babylon the great as he did say to his people, "Get out of her." Her sins and bloodshed is so vast.....(Rev 18:3&4)

In fleeing... there is no physical place, like another organization,group, religion etc that would have THE TRUTH.

Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth andf life." "Come to ME all you who are toiled and burdened. Take MY yoke."

"MY sheep know My voice." "Flee to Mount Zion." (spiritual)

Peter said, "where do we go to Lord? You have the sayings of everlasting life."

So to flee is not to a place but to a whom! It is to our lord and master. He will guide us directly and speak through holy spirit and teach us all things. If we are willing to hear.

The society has played our mediator instead of Christ to our detriment, misleading some of us our whole lives, and continually lieing saying THEY will feed us at the proper time."

It is time for us to learn, grow and pick ourselves back up and not let them destroy our faith that we once had that attracted us to them.

This is exactly what our adversary (satan) whats us to do. Give up all together (like Job) and curse Jah and die.

Instead... we can go straight to the source of pure lifegiving water (Christ) let him guide our footsteps.

Love our neighbors as ourselves, even our enemies as hard as it may be at times.

Never judge anyone that we may not be judged.

Show mercy and compassion as we want it in return.

Come into union (communion) and belong to him (Christ) as his fellow body.

Let love be our true identifying mark of christianity, not the path the society taught us.

In turn we may bring honor and glory to our heavenly father Jah and "Make a reply to him (satan) that is taunting Jah."

Have a great day

Justmom (Kim)

I loved your post. I've been saying things like you said for years. Finally someone who had something to say..

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

Hi RR4S,

just now I saw your topic,

welcome to you and to Justmom,

I invite you to read here

Babylon has also a "daughter"

Christians are commanded to flee out both from BtG and his "daughter" Zechariah 2:7 and Rev 18:4.

You are welcome !

wantingtruth

• Terry
    Terry

After reading some of Martin Luther's ravings about Babylon the Great I'm convinced Fred Franz simply copied the same ideas and applied them willy nilly.

Whatever denomination you are in as a christian you simply apply that term(Babylon the Great) to those with whom you disagree.

Protestants have always found the Catholic Church an easy target in this respect.

Now, what about me personally?

Here is my view---you don't have to agree.

Once I started reading about the history of the bible, the early church, about textual criticism and the history of scripture per se I've come to the conclusion we are all under the wrong impression.

The impression we are taught to have about the Bible is that it is the inspired word of God and it definitively tells us what God really thinks and wants us to do to please him.

This cannot be true.

Why?

When the bible writers wrote under inspiration they left actually existing manuscripts for others to read. THOSE DO NOT EXIST!

They are gone. Missing. Nada.

There is no ark of the covenant, no staff of Moses, no manna in a jar, no tablets of the ten commandments and NO inspired manuscripts of scripture.

What are all those fragments and manuscripts in those museums, then?

Copies of copies of copies of hearsay, stories, fables, assembled lists of sayings and such. Nothing more.

As a JW I thought we really really had the originals somewhere. Well, they don't.

What does this mean?

It means God did NOT see fit to preserve them.

So what?

So what we call THE BIBLE is not those original god inspired writings! It is a FRAUD used to manipulate people and divide them and keep them busy trying to figure out who the enemy is (usually other christians!)

Since there are NO ORIGINAL inspired autograph manuscripts we CANNOT compare what we have today (that we call The bible) with those originals to see what has been changed to manipulate and mislead us.

Stop and think about t the significance of that.

If we DON'T know the ACTUAL WORDS God inspired----then how in the world can we discuss what is what and who is who?

There does NOT EXIST an inspired bible.

What we have are writings that appeared hundreds of years AFTER THE FACT.

We don't have copies or even copies of copies.

We have hear say remembrances, sayings, stories and crafted psudeo-histories PASSED OFF as authentic inspired works with the names of Apostles attached.

The conclusion?

Everything we discuss that centers on some scripture (especially in Revelation) is just so much nonsense.

We are truly wasting our lives and our time putting any confidence in any of it.

THAT'S MY OPINION.

Your mileage may vary.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest wantingtruth... may you have peace! Actually, Babylon the Great has MANY daughters:

"... upon her forehead [was] a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH." Revelation 17:5

Dearest Terry... may you have peace, as well!

Whatever denomination you are in as a christian you simply apply that term(Babylon the Great) to those with whom you disagree

Though I don't claim a denomination (I am a christian by means of a choosing with holy spirit and thus AM the church... and not because I have been joined to some religious group that claims to be "a" church)... I have to disagree with you, at least as far as the Body of Christ is concerned. We know that Babylon the Great is ANYONE who claims(ed) to have been a member of the Bride of Christ... by means of an anointing with holy spirit... but did not hold TRUE to that calling... so as to be led by Christ... AND NO ONE ELSE... which leading would constitute spiritual "adultery." We know that ANY of such ones who have "fornicated" in ANY way with "the kings of the earth"... are part of that harlot... and have sullied the "law" of their husbandly owner, Christ, so as to be "harlots." We know that her DAUGHTERS... are the false religious sects, denominations, "churches" and organizations that have come out her, the ILLEGITIMATE "children" of Babylon the Great and her lovers, the kings of the earth.

The impression we are taught to have about the Bible is that it is the inspired word of God and it definitively tells us what God really thinks and wants us to do to please him. This cannot be true.

You are correct in that this CANNOT be true... but not for the reason you state. It CANNOT be true because God's word... is not a book. It is His Son, our Lord and Leader, Christ. Earthling man is taught this LIE, however, BY the kings of the earth, those who "seat themsleves in the seat of Moses," so as to have dominion over God's sheep... by the power of THEIR king, our Adversary, the one called Satan and Devil. HE is the one who misleads "the entire inhabited earth," and attempts to "mislead, if possible, EVEN the chosen ones." By following their teachings, instead of following the One GOD sent to lead us... they are misled into making the Bible their "god"... and their "leader."

As a JW I thought we really really had the originals somewhere. Well, they don't. What does this mean? t means God did NOT see fit to preserve them. So what? So what we call THE BIBLE is not those original god inspired writings! It is a FRAUD used to manipulate people and divide them and keep them busy trying to figure out who the enemy is (usually other christians!)

Praise JAH that you have posted this!!! I have been trying to tell folks here that same truth for SO long! Yet, they can't hear that and so still need to "see it in writing." For that reason, and ONLY that reason, I am directed to show them... in writing... the truth of what I share here. I wish I did not have to... that they would only let their SPIRITS "bear witness" with the truth I am directed to share... but they are not able to do so, yet.

If we DON'T know the ACTUAL WORDS God inspired----then how in the world can we discuss what is what and who is who?

There is only ONE Way: Christ. By listening to HIM. And he speaks. Unfortunately, those same "kings" who keep telling us that the Bible IS God's word... have also "shut up the kingdom of the heavens" by NOT telling the TRUTH about the very Door that we must go THROUGH. THEY say he DOESN'T speak... as if he doesn't even LIVE. They say that DEMONS can speak to earthling man... but the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies... and His Son and Christ, the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... both whom hold DOMINION over the demons... and in the fact of whom the demons SHUDDER... CANNOT speak! What a LIE!

God's inspired (in spirit) Word... is Christ. And until earthling man WAKES up and recognizes this TRUTH... he will continue walking in circles, in darkness, in the "wilderness." He will NOT see "light"... or the "promised land." Rather, he will get to the bank of the river and then find himself unable to "cross."

LISTEN, O Israel... and all those who go with... to the ONE whom JAH, your God, APPOINTED as your king! KISS... the SON!

I know this isn't where YOU were going, dear Terry... but it is where I was directed to "go." So, I must thank you for the truths you DID share here. May JAH bless you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• *lost*
    *lost*

bumped

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit