Did you do a fake prayer before eating lunch at the assembly, etc????

by asilentone 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deceived
    Deceived

You hit the nail on the head Blondie. I wish I could have read that scripture to my Dad but he would have beat me with a belt if I did. I knew that scripture then but didn't want to have a repeat of his Anger.

One year before the incident of my cousins visiting my Dad had a fit when my Mom and I were upset because he left our tiny dog outside in 40 below weather as the JW friends we were visiting didn't allow pets in the house.

He beat me with a belt and threw pots and pans at my Mom when we got home. I told him he should look up a the scripture on "temper" and then he really beat me black and blue. He was a Elder at the time. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr We are talking the 60's when they didn't have laws against things like this.

• four candles
    four candles

I never used to when I did night watch at football grounds....if you shut your eyes,you're food would disappear!!!! These bruvs would steal candy from a baby!!!!

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Yes. There were actually times when I said "Jehovah, thank you, blah, blah, blah okay this should be long enough. Amen". They were silent "prayers" of course. It all started because people would tell me that my prayers were not long enough before eating.

• agent zero
    agent zero

yeah. at restaurants i wouldnt want other people to notice it, so i'd just hold the fork and look at the plate in a way that to fellow witnesses at my table it looked like i was praying but to potential onlookers from other tables it'd look like i was just staring at my food, or at least thats what i hoped it looked like.

• Robert7
    Robert7

I would usually fake it when necessary, but even when I did say a prayer, I would intentionally do it in such a way to not draw attention to myself in any way. I felt that I would be like the pharisees, trying to look holy in public. So it was supposed to be just between me and god, and I kept it very low key. If any other JW had a problem with it, thinking I didn't pray, that was their problem, I didn't care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit