Did you read the literature?

by WuzLovesDubs 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Initially I suppose I did. I know I OVER studied the articles for the WT study because I thought my enthusiasm as a study would make me more accepted. But after awhile I didnt read the Awakes at all except for a cursory glance because I was giving them to people. And maybe looked at the Yearbook to see our stats...

The only other books I read were ones we were forced to read at the Book Study.

If the JWs arent reading the literature and the householders and gas stations and dry cleaners are tossing them... WHO ACTUALLY READS THIS SHIT? And why are they continuing to KILL TREES to print it?

Did you guys read it?

• zoiks
    zoiks

I always felt guilty for not keeping up with the latest magazines. I rarely bothered reading the books - I would thumb through the new releases upon receiving them, and read selected parts of the yearbook.

• snowbird
    snowbird

At the beginning of my detour into JWism, I read everything!

I do mean everything.

At its end, I read nothing.

Sylvia

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

No - I didnt have TIME! And then they would make you feel guilty for not reading every WORD of the magazines, even though 90% of the Awake (actually ALL the literature) was complete fluff! Articles on Budapest, how corn is milled, the air speed velocity of an African Swallow, etc.....

Prepare parts, prepare for meetings, prepare for service!

I used to love telling householders "I think you will love this article" when I had no idea what the hell was in it!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hardly ever.

As I was walking up to the first door in FS, I would always have to quickly thumb through the Watchtower and Awake mags to know what they were about.

• zoiks
    zoiks

lepermessiah - exactly. When were we supposed to have time to sit and read literature when all of our time was spent at meetings, in the ministry, or preparing for the meetings (including parts every week for some of us) and the ministry.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

No.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I don't think most dubs "really" read the magazines. Most probably just breeze through them, which I do as well. I've found myself occasionally in conversations acknowledging that I've read something when the reality is, I haven't.

Sitting in a car group doing RVs.....

Pious Dub: Did you read the article on snow peas. It was fascinating!!

Misery: Yes!! Oh I loved it!!

Pious Dub: So much for evolution! LOL

Misery : Fake LOL while trying not to grimace and pressing the gas pedal, thinking to myself, "why didnt I purchase a Toyota"

Before I started waking up to the truth about "the truth", I was thinking, why do they keep putting out all these books. Every convention when they announce the latest publications, I clap and nod, and then say to myself, "I haven't read the last three books." If not for the Congregation Book Study or the WT study, I wouldnt have read any of their latest books.

To be honest and fair though, I have to admit to reading the Insight Books regularly. I actually like reading them. I've purchased a few books focusing on early Christian beliefs, and books on different interpretation of scripture. I like comparing the different trains of thought between the WTS and other sources.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Nope. I guess thats how I missed out on my "colledge edukashun"

• Nephilim
    Nephilim

The red revelation book. Why? Because it is the stupidest piece of bullshit logic I have ever seen in my entire life. Count the rationalizations. COUNT EM!

The last time I went to a bookstudy we were studying the red revelation book and I studied extra hard because I was so surprised. "I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM READING THIS?!?!" THEY ARE ACTUALLY CLAIMING THESE THINGS HAPPENED?!

Revelation is THE most confusing book of the bible. Who the hell do they think they are to decipher it and make it all about themselves. Half the drawings in that book look like they were drawn by Napoleon Dynamite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit