Would You Accept an Implantable Microchip?

by leavingwt 23 Replies latest social current

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I think I can live without it. However, I already carry identification and a cell phone. Perhaps there is not a huge difference. It may sound a little scarier than it actually is.

The Popular Science article below indicates that a significant number of Germans are agreeable to the implantable microchip. Why? It would make emergency medical care easier and could also simplify business transactions.

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2010-03/one-quarter-germans-would-embrace-implantable-microchip

• sacolton
    sacolton

If the chip is required for digital banking to make purchases, collect salary/social security, and validate identification? If it is required to be implanted into your right hand or forehead?

No.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    If the chip is required for digital banking to make purchases, collect salary/social security, and validate identification? If it is required to be implanted into your right hand or forehead?
    No.

Help me out, here. Are you implying that this could be the "mark of the beast"?

• doublelife
    doublelife

I saw something about this in that zeitgeist movie. I wouldn't do it.

• sacolton
    sacolton

RFID chips have been around for a long time and it has been suggested how to implement them into our bodies for identification and security. I recall the issue of "REAL ID" being passed some years ago and it was going to require everyone to carry a card that had all your personal information on it. In fact, it would replace your drivers license and have a RFID inside the card. It didn't happen only because each state was responsible for the cost of purchasing the technology and issuing cards and many just couldn't afford it. The idea hasn't died - it just needs to be forced upon the unsuspecting citizens. Paper money is going to be a thing of the past. Credit card companies are already looking for options to do away with plastic because of the high identity theft and counterfeit cards. Digital transfers with RFID (once they figure how to secure them) could be a reality someday.

I wanted to add that the READ ID idea was going to make it impossible to collect your salary, social security, enter a Federal building, and travel without it. It was the solution to controlling terrorism. Now, if they wanted this so badly in 2008 ... imagine what the future will bring.

• journey-on
    journey-on

If it is a CHOICE and not a LAW, it wouldn't sound so creepy. I wouldn't do it, however.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I access my safe deposit box by putting my right hand on some kind of reader. Microchips? No.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Another way to think of this is ask:

Would you be willing to carry around a tracking device that can log who you talk to, when you talk to them, how long you talk, etc, and be used to locate you at any time and in any place and keep a trace line on a map of all of the places you go?

If you have a cell phone, then the answer is YES.

Also:

Would you be willing to allow a central authority to track all of your spending habbits, including what you buy, when you bought it and how much you paid?

If you use a Credit Card or Debit Card, then the answer is YES.

Also:

Would you be willing to have a network of sensors that track everywhere you go and keep a permanent video and photo record of all of your activities?

If you go anywhere where there are security cameras, then the answer is YES.

Also:

Would you be willing to use a communication system in which ALL of your communications are filtered, monitored, logged and flagged for review by an automated system of computers?

If you use the Internet, then the answer is YES.

Over time people are accepting more and more intrusion into their privacy in exchange for convenience.

Whether we like it or not, we are ALREADY living in a surveillance society. Big Brother is ALREADY watching.

Microchips are the least of your worries. You are ALREADY being tracked by cameras using facial recognition.

Right now companies are starting to distribute RFID readers throughout stores and along the road (along with law enforcement agencies). If you use one of those RFID Credit Cards (the kind you wave over the device instead of swiping) then you are already being tracked and logged as you browse around stores and walk down the sidewalk.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Good points, Elsewhere. Thank you.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The only way to ensure your privacy is to wear a mask and walk around town without ANY electronic devices on you.

Oh, and wear Flip-Flops instead of shoes as they confuse the "walking gait recognition" systems. Instead of trying to use facial recognition, many surveillance systems watch how you walk (everyone is different). Flip-Flops confuse the hell out of those systems and render them useless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit