Baptism Nullification

by David Gladden 10 Replies latest jw friends

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Don't ya just love the Watchtower references to 'business' and to 'laws' and for that matter, disfellowshipping being 'analogous' to capital punishment?

In our country (the specifics very from state to state, but the principle exists in all of them) when an adult freely enters into a contract with a minor, he does so at his own risk. In many cases, the terms of the contract can become unenforcable as far as the minor is concerned.

But the Watchtower, being above both man's law and God's, overlooks this little minor detail and recognizes child baptism. Then when that child gets in trouble, he gets disfellowshipped. Now here's what gets me.

The Watchtower itself says the major reason for a child lapsing is lack of accurate knowledge? Hellooo---if he had accurate knowledge such as he should have had when he was 'allowed' <spit sputter> to be baptized. where did that knowledge go? <looks around wonderingly> Not here under a bush---not in the trunk of the car--I've looked just everywhere, I don't know where my knowledge went.

If it were me (I WAS baptized a minor) I would find some kind of monetary damage that occurred to me as a result of being baptized so young. (psychiatric bills would be nice) Statute of limitations would be a problem, but if you can show a conspiracy, or continuing series of acts, or newly discovered information, you might get by that. Then I would file in small claims court, so Carolyn Wahl won't be showing up. Then I would tell every media outlet I could reach.

Then I would offer the Society a way out---annul my baptism IN WRITING, and I would let the whole thing slide--IN WRITING. I was too young, or I was lied to, or what have you.

We have all their lies in writing, in their publications. We have that lovely Awake, with the 26 children on the front of it.

What a hoot, hey?

In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the A--postate Team"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit