I am NO LONGER a "Pagan"...

by ziddina 13 Replies latest members private

• ziddina
    ziddina

(Hope this is the correct category/heading for this subject...)

Yup, you heard it, folks! I'm no longer a "Pagan"... 'Course, the term "pagan" is derogatory, but I couldn't seem to find the correct term for my particular belief system...

However, this group on YouTube - "MysticTV777", hits the proverbial 'nail' on the head. Here's the video explaining the REAL terms one should use, instead of "Pagan"... Keeping in mind that, for this group of "Pre-Christian, Ethnic Greek Polytheists", their terminology needs to be modified a bit for someone attempting to cobble together what's left of their ancestral deites/religions after centuries of Christian persecution and destruction...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktumq9Axe5A&feature=related

Ooopsies!! Using the term "pagan"... Boy, is my face RED!!

But no longer... I'm now a NEO-POLYTHEIST!!!!

Zid

• snowbird
    snowbird

Are you a Wiccan?

Sylvia

• ninja
    ninja

I worship shopping bags......I'm a polythenist

• ziddina
    ziddina

Sylvia - Nope! A "Wiccan" worships earth energies; probably the same as the groups referred to in the video who believe that all deities are manifestations of some supreme energy or "higher power" [to quote AA...]

I've gotta practice saying it... "I'm a neo-polytheist... I'm a neo-polytheist..."

Ninja - LOL!! Me, I'm more of a "naturalfibrist" myself...

Zid

• dissed
    dissed

Little known fact: 10 out of 10 pagans agree, pagans have more fun than Christians.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Kafir!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kafir

(Kafir the the Islamic version of "pagan", "gentile" or "heathen")

• ninja
    ninja

ziddy said "Ninja - LOL!! Me, I'm more of a "naturalfibrist" myself..."

what you mean you visit the toilet regulary zid?......he he

• Titus
    Titus

If you worship polyester, then you are polytheist. That's it!

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

Doesn't matter what you call yourself or what others call you as long as you try to be a good person and are happy. Billions are calling themselves Christians but the name itself doesn't make them Christ-like or followers of Christ. It's not what we call ourselves but who we are and what we do...

"A rose by any other name..." I'm sure you know the saying.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ninja! You brat... I didn't see THAT coming!!! Hee, heee....

Titus! Good one... Polyester retains its color longer after washing as opposed to natural fibers... Just don't get too close to an open flame... Or you'll go up like birthday candles...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit