I'M NEWLY CONVERTED TO SOME ASPECTS OF EVOLUTION, BUT COULD IT BE COMBINED WITH A CREATIVE FORCE?

by Life is now 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Life is now
    Life is now

Could a creative force be the catalyst?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

YES, BUT ONLY IF THAT IS IN FACT WHAT HAPPENED. OTHERWISE, NO.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Google "theistic evolution."

Belief in God and acknowledgement of evolution do not contradict, unless you insist on a literal interpretation of Genesis.

Here is a wiki on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_evolution

BTS

• darthfader
    darthfader

From a scientific perspecitve, there is no "proof" that we were created. I prefer the quote from Jurassic Park "Life finds a way."

Darth Fader

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The belief that evolution is one of God's tool is nothing new, I for one believe that God ( for lack of a better name) was the driving force of creation and that evolution was the "tool" he used ( or how WE defien what he did).

Either things were always the way they have been ( a universe was Always present) or it started somewhere, sometime by some event.

Because we knwo that the universe is still expanding and still moving away for its "center", we know that it did start at some point and with the start of the universe came the start of Time also.

There is much postualting about this and science doesn't have the answer and religions view that "God did it" is just that, a view.

Fact is we don't know how or why the Universe started but we do know there is an order to things and a structure to things and that everythign happens for a "reason", we knwo that for our life to be here that a very specific chain of events had to and did happen.

We can choose to believe it happened by pure chance or by some design.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The belief that evolution is one of God's tool is nothing new

Some embryonic concepts are found in St. Augustine's writings, 16 centuries ago.

BTS

• Life is now
    Life is now

Thank you BTS. I was wondering what title was given for this so I could do a search on it. After a quick look at the Wikipedia link I think I may lean towards a Deist rather than a Theist.

That's a great quote Darth Fader "Life finds a way". I love your name too.

It would be reassuring to think that everything happens for a reason, P Sacramento.

Sixofnine, I suppose we will never really know but it is interesting speculating. Where do we go from here is probably a more useful question.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

It would be reassuring to think that everything happens for a reason, P Sacramento.

Amen brother !

;)

So far science has proven that indeed, everything happens for a "reason" or via a "cause" and for every action, a reaction.

Sure there is much in the realm of theory as it applies to the real BIG questions ( How did the universe start, Why are we here, where do we go from here, etc) but as long as we accept that we don't have all the answers and that there is a possibility that, tomorrow al that we know may get turned upside down, we will always be open to all possibilities.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Satan made the clay vessels we are in.

In order for us to transfer from our homeland Paradise, we had to have "skins" made from the elements of this planet. That is why we share so much of our DNA code with the other mammals here.

In the material world these bodies can break or become exhausted. That is when we "die".

However, we do not cease to exist. We have been removed from our natural environment in coming here. Some of us will return there.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Evolution and abiogenesis are two different things.

Also, Aximander and Democritus beat St. Augustine by about 1000 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit