Adding to the law

by Heartbreaker 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

I was once out in service, and we were talking about peeing when you sneeze. Yes, this is the conversation content that sisters resorted to sometimes with the longer than necessary drives between calls from one edge of the territory to the other, and back again.

Anyway, one sister said that kegels were inappropriate for a true Christian woman because it would stir up feelings and desire. Even if she were married.

Talk about adding to the law, or going beyond things written!

Any other way out there opinions that were shared with you, or you held while "in"?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"Anyway, one sister said that kegels were inappropriate for a true Christian woman because it would stir up feelings and desire. Even if she were married."

Oh dear lord, that sister has sex on the brain. Kegels exercises help strengthen pelvis floor muscles which helps pregnant women prepare for the later stages of pregnancy and vaginal birth. It's also good for treating vaginal prolapse and preventing urterine prolapse. Kegels are also good for men by helping ease prostate pain. Kegels may increase sexual gratification, it's not a guarantee.

• snowbird
    snowbird

We had an outhouse at our little country school - at home, also, but I don't want to digress.

In order to prolong our restroom stay, we used to stop and start our urine stream until Teacher threatened to come fetch us!

We were unknowingly exercising our Kegel muscles!

I don't have any outlandish stories to tell about when I was a JW, but trust them to pooh-pooh everything.

Sylvia

• Chalam
    Chalam

Anyway, one sister said that kegels were inappropriate for a true Christian woman because it would stir up feelings and desire. Even if she were married.

Titus 1:15 (New International Version)

15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

Good scripture, Stephen

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have noticed this same attitude everywhere. You can't listen to music because it can be interpreted as pro-sex, pro-drugs, or pro-something that is against the Washtowel. You can't watch a good movie with one sex scene in it or that can be interpreted as glorifying sex. You can't be alone with a member of the opposite sex, or hold hands during the prayer, because it might stumble others. The "sisters" are to hide their assets, because someone might have natural thoughts that the religion has dirtified. And yet, you are supposed to stay out in field circus (and hope you don't pee in your pants in front of a householder).

Then they go on to have talks about masturbation and oral sex where small children are present in the Kingdumb Hell.

• nelly136
    nelly136

take it vibrating eggs are definately out then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit