Scary stuff.... I've just realized that I could be disfellowshipped at any time

by Quillsky 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They can disfellowship anyone, active or not, at any time. All they need is to attempt to "counsel" you for something they know is impossible to fully comply with. Then, after an unreasonably short period of time, they check up on you. This can involve buying expensive articles, and you do not have the money. Obviously, you are not likely to be in compliance. What they get you on is for not giving the hounders double honor, which they can translate as "brazen disregard for authority" or "loose conduct".

Another thing they can get you for "loose conduct" is conscience matters. So they told you not to listen to Journey. You still have a Journey CD a couple of days later, and they again call that "brazen disregard for authority". Never mind that you still have the CD because the garbage collection is another day or two later. Even if you are inactive, they could invent something, or attempt to contact you. Even stunts like interfering with your job is not off-limits to those cockroaches: They tell you that they need to talk now, and if you are too busy, "brazen disregard for authority".

• Nephilim
    Nephilim

If you are worried about getting DFed plead insanity and get a doctor's note. Say you are depressed, anxious, blah blah. Any doctor will treat you for just SAYING you are depressed.

With doctor's note in hand the elders are told to be sympathetic. Then hopefully they will just leave you alone.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

If your baptized your most likely to get DFed anyways.

The inevitable is going to happen, whether you want to or not.

Why would someone with an semblance of personal integrity want to be associated with

this bogus corrupt cult anyways ?

• sabastious
    sabastious

The only way to truely be free of the Borg is to expel their power. Which means not being afraid of being DF'ed. This is an extremely hard mindset to develop, but it generally goes this way:

Anyone who observes the disfellowshipping arangement does so on their own accord, ultimately. You cannot take responsibility for others thoughts and actions, only your own. Fear of being DF'ed is playing into the hands of the cult. You have to raise your standards with who you actively associate with. Conditional love is no love at all, love never fails.

I know it's easier said than done, but if you continually push yourself inch by inch toward this mindset you will be set free from the Borg forever.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

What do you expect? You don't want to be with them so you have to face whatever happens with your new lifestyle. They are not going to turn a blind eye forever. There is no compromise or escape.

Face reality and get a life!

HappyDad

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Sir82.....

If you've successfully faded, why do you care?

I care because this one relative, my uncle, holds some cult power in his hands. I believe he is unlikely to put it into action, but it is academically scary in the way that he can, if he wants to, initiate a procedure that would make it uncomfortable for my "in" family to speak to me.

Cult.

Sabastious.....

Anyone who observes the disfellowshipping arangement does so on their own accord, ultimately.

I agree with you, and I don't respect the "arrangement" and wouldn't attend a JC. But if I were DF'ed in my absence it would have an impact on my family. The point of my posting is that after so many years I am still somehow vulnerable to the Jehovah's Witness cult. I will die still being strangely accountable to them. This is tragic.

Cult.

HappyDad.......

Face reality and get a life!

Thanks, my life is lovely, as is my current relationship with my family. I am however musing over how the Damocles sword of the cult still swings over my head. This isn't normal.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

You can only be punished if you yourself

embrace the guilt and believe the wrongdoing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit