Winter Olympics

by free2beme 12 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

Thank "what ever god or goddess you now honor" for the Olympics now being over. So damn boring.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/131077/saturday-night-live-telemundo-winter-olympics

• leec
    leec

In French, the expression literally translated is "I bore myself".

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Amen!

• spawn
    spawn

I have to say ditto to the above and why is it always so mind numbingly boring?

• I quit!
    I quit!

I have to disagree. I'm going to miss them. I love winter sports. The hockey was great. Sean White was amazing. I even enjoy watching the curling.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Watching curling is pure boring hell. It is worse than baseball!

• undercover
    undercover

I prefer the winter olympics over the summer olympics. I like the winter sports events better than the summer ones. I love hockey anytime and speed skating is fun to watch. Bobsleds and other daring downhill sports are exciting. I'll even watch figure skating...when cute girls are involved. But I do draw the line at curling.

Curling...watching people push a round rock across ice and people sweep around it...boy that's excitement. I've watched it enough to understand the strategies behind it, but unless you're participating, it ain't all that exciting. And if a pregnant woman can do it(like this year) I have to question why it's even called a sport...or how it got in the olympics.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I only watched two things:

1. Curling - Very mesmerizing. I also enjoy whooping and hollering with the people when they slide the stone. Ohh! Ahhh! Hey!!! Ohhh!!!

2. Women's figure skating - For all of the gratuitous crotch shots.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I remember having to do curling in gym class. It was the worst. I can only imagine what it's like to watch it. I guess it's a Canadian thing.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm down in Texas. The only time we ever see Curling is during the Olympics. I've talked to others around here and it turns out a lot of people in the south find Curling to be mesmerizing.

Not sure why... just is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit