Witnessing- Jehovah Witness Gets Saved

by Chalam 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi all,

Was looking for something else but ran into this-great vid IMHO :)

Witnessing- Jehovah Witness Gets Saved

See what you think.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Think About It
    Think About It

What's so great about it? One idiot that believes in hell talking to another idiot that doesn't know what the hell she believes.

Think About It

• cofty
    cofty

Tragic! The blind leading the bind

• Nephilim
    Nephilim

I agree with Think About It just an idiot at the flea market talking to an obvious stooge. If this were a "real" witness they would not respond the way this lady does. Although I am in no way saying that "real" witness logic trumps all... they are just way more resilient then this smiley happy woman who is learning that all she ever knew was a lie.

He wants to convince her that death itself is not enough punishment and that God wants her to be burnt in hell forever. It makes no sense. It never will. A person has around 70 years or so (if they're lucky) to spend on earth enduring hardship after hardship. This guy in the video believes that if you make a few mistakes during that short time the consequence is that you are tortured in hell forever.

Ridiculous. Logically, if this were the case the 70 years that the person spent on earth would soon be matched by the torture of hell and if what he's saying is really true it would be doubled, tripled, ect. until the 70 years the person spent on earth seems so incredibly tiny that the torture is no longer relevant to that life. Hell fire forever? Eventually you'd be a million years old still thinking about those 70 years or so it would be such a small fraction that the punishment would not make sense.

If anybody really believes in hell on this forum I'd like for them to explain it to me. Starting with the question, "If someone doesn't believe in hell, how can they be justifily punished by hell?"

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome Nephilim!

If anybody really believes in hell on this forum I'd like for them to explain it to me. Starting with the question, "If someone doesn't believe in hell, how can they be justifily punished by hell?"

OK, let's suppose a person doesn't believe in the laws of the land or the judicial/punitive system. That is fine until they transgress the law. Before too long they are going to find themselves having fallen fowl of the law and in jail.

Most people have little problem with most of the law Exodus 20 and would likely admit to breaking much or all of it Matthew 5

Ignorance of the law is no defence. We will get our day in court and see the judge Romans 2:14-16

Much better to get a good attorney arranged before hand 1 Timothy 2:5 , one who has paid all the fines in advance John 1:29

The only prerequisite is to get to know Him before your day in court, it is no good leaving it till then Hebrews 9:27 Matthew 7:23 Matthew 25:41

Blessings,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

Neph, trying to explain literary devices to a Literalist is worth a try but until they can admit a few consessions its of little service.

Use a little Raid on those Scorpions flying out of the Abyss

'Do a little good each day'

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I think it would be far more impressive to see someone 'saved' from Christianity in general.

But that's just me.

Jeff

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Ignorance of the law is no defence.

Stephen, what's your take on the billions and billions of Chinese and Indians both alive and dead?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Underground Church in China excerpt from Finger of God Doc

I expect your question is to the fate of those who haven't heard the gospel and the name of Jesus? Here's one or two verses on the matter.

1 Peter 3:18-20 (New International Version)

18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, 19 through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison 20 who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built.

Romans 1:20 (New International Version)

20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Psalm 19 (New International Version)

1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they display knowledge.

3 There is no speech or language
    where their voice is not heard.

As to those that have heard the Message, this is certain.

2 Corinthians 6:1-2 (New International Version)

1 As God's fellow workers we urge you not to receive God's grace in vain. 2 For he says,
    "In the time of my favor I heard you,
    and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.

Blessings,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

Its kind of like talking to a Pioneer on steriods.

The Religious......nothing else seems to factor in

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit