Odd happening

by Heartbreaker 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

While out running errands, incidentally getting a phone for my daughters birthday this coming week, we left the kids at home. I have older teenagers down to young ones....my birthday girl comes up to me as I'm putting the pizza in the oven and says that the one dude, what was his name?? Brother.....ummmmm....Brother B? (the COBE) he drove down the road (we live on a dead end, so there is no mistake, and we are 25 minutes away from him home and 18 minutes from the hall). She said he drove down, slowed and stopped in front of the house, looked at the house, and at the kids, and drove away.

We missed no phone calls from them, last call we ignored was at least a month ago. He didn't come back, or leave anything. He was alone, and in a suit and tie.

I just thought it was the most bizzarre thing. What could he possibly have been looking for/at, or hoping to accomplish? It's pretty far out of his way.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sounds like you might get a visit soon.

• Think About It
    Think About It

They actually think they have authority and control over your lives since you are now not doing what is expected of you.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

I bet he will proudly say at the next elders meeting that he has attempted to drop in and encourage you and the family, but to no avail.

Guaranteed he will also “count the time” doing the drive by...

Mattieu.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Interesting thoughts about expecting a visit soon, or him being able to say he did a visit. I think that he was checking to see if we even still lived there, as he knew we were having problems keeping up with our obligations of paying a mortgage with my husband laid off. I do know that I found equally funny that WE are still pulling THEIR strings, but other part of me was mad that they still feel the right to invade our personal space and right to be people living our lives in our own home and neighborhood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit