Are you hearing "IF armaddon comes" more than "WHEN" nowadays? Have the old ones

by hamsterbait 8 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I visited friends recently - they accept me even though I have not been in months.

The wife remarked "IF Armageddon comes, we wont be worrying about the house."

Another time, the (now EX elduh) said "when I retire, or Armageddon comes, I want to < >"

Remember the scripture about the Slave?

"He says in his HEART - my master is delaying."

The sheeples are doing it now as well. Is this why you never have any doctrinal discussion at Witless gatherings now - everybody is scared and in the first stage DENIAL

The new "twofor" generation overlap shows the Gibbering Buddy has lost conviction in the lies they were taught. (Luke 1:8)

ON this model one who "sees the light on the LIE"

Should go through what other stages??

HB

• pirata
    pirata

Many witnesses I know talk about the future and make sure to throw "that is if armageddon hasn't come by then..." at the end of the sentence. That way you can still make plans but sound like you are still "keeping on the watch"

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

The dubs trying to get me to do stuff still have a very big sense of urgency... I've been told to expect to be dead before I get out of college. Got to love that encouragement. LoL.

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

Do you go to college in Detroit?

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Hi Hamsterbait,

I just met a dub this morning that I am good friends with; she was talking about her older sister (51) and her 21 y/o son. Her sister has resigned herself to the fact that the big A will not come in her lifetime and is worried about her son when he will be older.

The dub didn’t say “if” it comes but kept saying “when” it comes, though in more of a sceptical tone of voice.

I agree, as more and more young ones of the 1960’s & 70’s get older, the thought of the Big A becomes one big IF!

Cheers, Mattieu...

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

I can understand a jw in Haiti feeling like it's just round the corner, as they face constant hardship and threats to their lives, with one disaster after another, but it must be hard for witnesses living in the middle-class suburbs of the US and Europe to convince people the world can't get any worse. The bit of 'Satan's' awful world where I live is peaceful and pleasant, apart from a small amount of crime of course. I would much rather be here, under 'Satan's' laissez-faire style governance, than be a Caananite having to live beside the genocidal cadres of 'Jehovah'.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Noticed it several years ago...most are now "just in case" JWs and simply going with the flow.

• cantleave
    cantleave

This type of phraseology is creeping into JW langauge more and more. Last year's convention was designed to remind the R&F that the "Big A" is still just around the corner, so close you can see the whites of its eyes. The thing is that didn't work, and the "new light" about the the generation hasn't helped.

I wonder what the GB have up their sleeves this year to keep the urgency up there? I wonder if they will dare to set a possible date or timescale?

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

They would have to be a bunch of senile, deluded, arrogant imbeciles to set another date..erm oh yeah, they are...wonder what the next date'll be..?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit