EXCERPT: Pastor Russell lay Dying.......

by Terry 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Terry
    Terry

I like it - a lot. I don't know if this will be perceived as the compliment it is, but it reminds me of the style of some of the classic Southern writers of the 20th century. Tennessee Williams, Flannery O'Connor, many others. One of my very favorite literary movements, all told.

I'm afraid my style of writing is a bit too old-fashioned for modern tastes. My favorite author is now Cormac McCarthy who himself was

a great fan of William Faulkner.

• jehovahsheep
  • jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

we may not agree with ct russells doctrine but we have to admit his influence on bible study groups and jws 100 years later is remarkable and unequaled.i think your story is pathetic and morbid-showing a great deal of resentment and hatred.i hope your last few breaths on this earth are not like your fantasy of mr.russells death.

• moshe
    moshe

Well, Terry, it does seem like a 1917 copyright on this story would fit the writing style.Thanks to the Internet, you can publish anything. I always suspected that Rutherford drank Old Grand-Dad whiskey- see excerpt from wikipedia, "During prohibition, the company produced "medicinal whiskey" for sick, blind, and lame patients.", which fits him to a tee. The lame part, too, as he had very lame excuses his failed promsies.

• Terry
    Terry

Well, Terry, it does seem like a 1917 copyright on this story would fit the writing style.Thanks to the Internet, you can publish anything. I always suspected that Rutherford drank Old Grand-Dad whiskey- see excerpt from wikipedia, "During prohibition, the company produced "medicinal whiskey" for sick, blind, and lame patients.", which fits him to a tee. The lame part, too, as he had very lame excuses his failed promsies.

There is a fellow we are all familiar with named Danny Haszard who use to post here regularly whose Dad was Judge Rutherford's chauffeur!

His Dad had tales to tell about the booze runs and drinking orgies that took place at Bethel.

Must have been great fun (FOR MEN) back then. I can't imagine what the sisters had to put up with, however.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit