In line with a recent topic

by Heartbreaker 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

It was just asked (by whom I'm not certain, sorry! I can't go back! You can never go back!! ) why we left the WT, what the final straw was. I was wondering if anyone felt as I do, which I will explain below.

And here it is. I know you are all holding onto your seats with anticipation.

Now that I've seen the real light, not the blinking ever changing WT light, I cannot FATHOM how others can't see it. How can they read the things about the generation, and about how you should not think, and not question, and not this and that and the other. How can they sit, and listen, and not SEE?! And especially when it's gently or boldy, or otherwisely (yes I made that one up) pointed out to them. I've read about cognitive dissonance, and cult think, and the like, but it's just so MADDENING, even knowing all those terms.

Have you ever stood at the mall, in front of one of those "3rd eye" pictures...look long enough and sure enough! Dolphins jumping, and look, but not too quickly, there is another one over there! Wow!! It's so clear once you've seen it, the truth about "the truth" it seems that all should be able to see it. You so clearly see it, and it's obvious to you now. Another person walks up and is staring at it, and saying they don't see it....some give up and walk away, thinking that it's not worth trying to look. They are happy not seeing it, have no interest. Fine. Others stand there and try, and try, but it just doesn't happen. Maybe you are tricking THEM! Maybe it's not there at all! You are CRAZY!! Some don't see it for a long long time, then finally BLAM there it is. I would liken it to that, this finding the REAL truth.

I'm often reminded of the scripture of the scales falling away from the eyes, and thinking getting OUT was more of an application of that. WT would have you believe that listening to them is what makes your eyes see, but oh, how much a pile 'a poo is THAT business.

Anyone else?

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Wow, 53 views, and not one comment. Do I have ANY friends here? Maybe I've decieved myself. Huh.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Heartbreaker,

I'd say 90 percent of people viewing this aren't even registered here. Those are the lurkers, and it's quiet here at night.

Answering your question, um, no.

But you can kiss the monkey if you want.

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

I'd love to kiss the monkey. Call me a freak.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I'll be your friend!

It's truly amazing how when you pull back and start to think for yourself how obvious it all is. I still can't figure out why I didn't see all this crap before and I find myself scratching my head at how deceived I allowed myself to be.

I like your analogy of the 3rd eye pictures

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

not all of us have an answer. I did view eariler, but can't post from my phone.

I do have a comment though.

I look at it like this. My wife doesn't even try to look at the picture. She has been told there is no dolphin, so therefore she doesn't want to try to see it.

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

People see what they WANT to see. Living forever on paradise earth is an awesome prospect and many people sacrificed too much for it to let it go...

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Hey Heartbreaker, I know what you mean. Its like being in an episode of the X Files almost, or the Twilight Zone. Sometimes while in the middle of a meeting, or an assembly, I think to myself, is anybody else within the audience lurking on this board or possibly posting that I know? I think to myself, I can't be the only one in this audience of almost 100 people having strong feelings of doubt, can I ? I think we underestimate the power of social structure and indoctrination sometimes. I mentioned in another thread, that during Watchtower studies, Congregation Bible studies, and Bible Studies that you have with students, the objective isnt necessarily to encourage, as much as its to instill, indoctrinate, incultate, err inculcate, reinforce, entrench, etc., the WTS organizational structure. These studies or lessons, we usually prepare the night before. Then we come to the meeting and hear the opening and closing prayer which often petitions for something associated with the lesson we've studied the night before. Then the reader reads the paragraph, which again we've read the night before. The conductor asks the question which contains part of the answer in the question. Someone comments or responds to the question. The lemmings nod their heads displaying approval. Its systematic reinforcement of the WTS' views. Its not designedto encourage you. Its designed to keep you in line.

Unfortunately Heartbreaker, you woke up. You figured it out. But your unique in that you understand why everyone else can't see it. They're constantly being spoonfed how to think, how to behave, who to associate with, etc.. The WTS is intelligent enough to not deviate too far from what they know works, so as to not disturb the masses zombie like state of sleep. Everybody cant use the internet. They know they're going to lose a few, but the majority will swallow it just like the fish they are. Its the same reason people continue to vote Democrat or Republican faithfully every election despite their disatisfaction with the party of their choice. The same reason middle aged people try to keep up with the latest fads younger people are into. Advertising is a Mutha F#$@! Then on the other hand, there are hose who are like you who realise something is not quite right, but the social structure within this organization prohibits them from verbalizing their true feelings. So they get by the best they can. They show up late, they miss more than the occasional meeting. I've seen couples meet the group for field service, and when the brother taking the lead inquires if anybody has plans that would limit what they can do with the group, the couple states, "they've got a bible study", or "a call that might turn into a bible study." They're lying, but they do whats necessary to avoid field service without raising suspicion, and off they go.

I don't know if I'm going or coming half the time, I think I might be losing my mind trying to play both sides of the fence. But I do know that theres a significant population in this organization that doesnt buy it all. But due to the social structure they keep the routine up. The others have fallen into the hamster wheel and are too busy making their owners smile with approval, that they don't realize they're actually "belongings." Thats my thoughts on it, maybe I'm off, I don't know anymore.

• Atman
    Atman

It's called conditioning. The same can be said of say a wife of an abuser. Why does she go back time and time again? It's all she knows and if like the WTS he tells her she will die if she leaves him she will continue to put up with his abuse. Remember the threat of everlasting death has a big hold on JW's.

I recently read this book Choices and Illusions. He uses some of those third eye examples in his book too. Point is that even when we think it's our choice that is an illusion of the mind or a conditioning.

• Gregor
    Gregor

We're not supposed to have a spiritual good time with apostates. It would not be happifying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit