You lazy people! ALL you need is FAITH!!

by Terry 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Note: I am distinguishing between ordinary wankers and LAZY ones!

I put Prayer and Faith in the same category of things which do NOT require effort. (i.e. you don't have to get out of bed and put on your

undies to do them.

Hence, it is the lazy person's way of APPEARING to be DOING something without actual doing anything.

Only a wretch would invent such a thing.

• acolytes
    acolytes

Terry

YOU seem to get a kick using the term "Wanker"

You also seem to like the term" UNDIES."

P.S . You ovbiously hold your opinion highly. Does that require effort?( Not when compared with judging another persons faith and prayer)

Acolytes

• Terry
    Terry

Terry

YOU seem to get a kick using the term "Wanker"

You also seem to like the term" UNDIES."

P.S . You ovbiously hold your opinion highly. Does that require effort?( Not when compared with judging another persons faith and prayer)

Acolytes

I'm not sure how high I hold my opinion when I expose it to those who can rebutt it easily as you have.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hi Terry

I agree with what you've posted about faith, but the useless faith we were taught yesteryear must not be confused with the power of belief which makes our glass at least half full and brings out the best in every human vigour and confidence we have without which life would probably not be worth living.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I'm lazy but I have no faith... Where does THAT put me?? Zid

• Terry
    Terry

I agree with what you've posted about faith, but the useless faith we were taught yesteryear must not be confused with the power of belief which makes our glass at least half full and brings out the best in every human vigour and confidence we have without which life would probably not be worth living

I once heard a little girl speaking to her mother at a restaurant.

The mother had just spoken to the father about the glass being half full or half empty.

The little girl tugged at her mother's sleeve and said something I thought rather profound in its simplicity.

"Mommy, it depends on whether you just poured something into the glass or out of it."

I think our sense of life is like that. If we are pouring knowledge, experience and rational thought into our head our glass is at least half full.

But, if we are forever expending energy spinning our wheels on hope and faith and expectation which comes to nought, then, the glass is half empty.

What brings out the best in humanity is a clear understanding of what is and how to improve it.

I think of all the time I wasted in my past mumbling a prayer. I may as well have been twiddling my thumbs with good intentions.

Action comes from having a goal, a purpose and a skill.

At least that's my opinion.

Your mileage may vary.

• ziddina
    ziddina

"The little girl tugged at her mother's sleeve and said something I thought rather profound in its simplicity.

"Mommy, it depends on whether you just poured something into the glass or out of it."

That was always my response. I considered that tired old saw to be rather trite... The little girl's attitude is neither Pessimist nor Optomist; she's a REALIST... Which, in my opinion, is the best mentality to have... Zid

• acolytes
    acolytes

Terry

The bible asks us to have faith. It also asks us to proove all things. Is this absurd when nobody can proove the existence of God.?

Acolytes

• Terry
    Terry

Terry

The bible asks us to have faith. It also asks us to proove all things. Is this absurd when nobody can proove the existence of God.?

Acolytes

God, it seems to me, should be the most OBVIOUS 2000 pound gorilla in the smallest room.

Belief in an invisible 2000 pound gorilla borders on the lunatic.

And yet......

we hall have done this.

Curiouser and curiouser...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit