by WalkTall 9 Replies latest jw friends

• WalkTall
  • tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Wow!...

• agonus
    agonus

Hmmm... seems just a tad too glowing...

And when was the last time you saw paintings of Jesus Christ in a Jehovah's Witness facility? I've certainly never seen a picture/painting of Jesus in a KH... strange for a religion that claims to be "Christian..."

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

There is at least one village there where the whole Goddamned village is JW.

Imagine what it is like for a child in an evironment like that. Especially one that is 'weak in the Faith'.

Gimme the Goddamned barf bag.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

These poor buggers have a hard enough time just with their normal day to day chores, growing and gathering enough food to keep their families alive, without spending hours walking miles and crossing several rivers to get to a church promising a Paradise that is always just at arm's length away.

When I was a kid, my parents used to laugh at the followers of John Frum, holding them up as an example of fools following a false prophet.

Their cult hasn't performed any better .

The children of the Solomon Islands have no internet. There is nobody there to help them. No councilors, no anti cult organisations. No JW Apostates. And in many cases, not even an uncle or aunty to turn to. They are victims of their parents, who are victims of the troglodites who ignor the evidence, that I know they have in their possession, that the WT is no better than the idiotic John Frum cult.

I am very frustrated that this forum does not tolerate foul language. I could could easily chuck the whole damned garbage can at them on this one.

Chris

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Black Sheep: "The children of the Solomon Islands have no internet. There is nobody there to help them. No councilors, no anti cult organisations. No JW Apostates. And in many cases, not even an uncle or aunty to turn to. They are victims of their parents, who are victims of the troglodites..."

Adam and Eve were isolated from a society that may have been outside of the walled garden. Maybe the truth of that metaphor is that the Troglodite God can keep control of them by isolating them and forbidding them to seek knowledge from the Trees (people) who bear fruit (the apple).

This really is very upsetting. Looks like they have seeds for a new crop. And if the crop in the states and the UK gets wiped out by a "planned Armageddon of black-ops night kidnappings" during an outbreak of chaos of collapsing economy....then who will be able to warn those new seeds?

Oh, yeah. And they've got Africa, too. I think a lot of the religious groups (re-organized under new names/subsideries corp. umbrellas) are setting up big Paradise Compounds there.

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's what I would expect from a sales organisation, great marketing.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

this was writen by a JW...

As the months rolled by I observed local women perform duties usually reserved for men such as driving a fork lifter and bending/shaping steel reinforcing bars per the job specifications;

This is not unusuall in the past 20 years if you aren't in a demeaning religion that constantly puts women down.

• blondie
    blondie

Jehovah’s Witnesses Open Day

Thursday, 14 January 2010 09:41

COMMERCIAL buildings, for the most part, do very little to inspire humanity to aspire for excellence, however, buildings designed and built for religious purposes tend to assist individuals and sometimes entire communities to higher levels of excellence.

Such is the experience awaiting those who have the courage of their individual convictions but will not allow their ego/prejudice to keep them away from the experience of harmony, balance, comfort, warmth and serenity.

Since the beginning, I have watched out of curiosity the construction programme of the Jehovah’s Witnesses facility.

But now something new was about to emerge from its construction foundations to facilitate a small, dedicated community of its faithful believers who would carry out its goals and objectives.

Just what the buildings’ ultimate appearance would be, as I thought at that time, remained an unknown quantity.

As the months rolled by I observed local women perform duties usually reserved for men such as driving a fork lifter and bending/shaping steel reinforcing bars per the job specifications; other local and overseas volunteers joined the “labour of love” and formed what might be called an unofficial U.N. community labour force.

The atmosphere on site was one of communal happiness - men and women from various cultures working to achieve a common goal.

What an emotionally moving experience.

But that was then and now to my delight, during the closing days of 2009 the Jehovah’s Witnesses announced in the local media that the Jehovah’s Witnesses were planning an Open Day for visitors.

On Saturday, 9 January 2010 about 9am a friend and I visited the new Jehovah’s Witnesses complex at Panatina.

The entry gate posts, the driveway and walking surfaces were finished to the point of wonderment.

If this is the workmanship on the outside then what must the inside be like?

Our car was the first car to park so we saw the well manicured landscaping and the freshly painted administration building without the distraction of other cars.

As it was such a short walk to the front glass double doors one got a glimpse of the foyer’s interior and, we were met by an assemblage of local and international greeters who set the atmosphere for the remainder of our tour.

Climbing the stairs to see the first exhibit we were impressed with the presenter’s serenity and the completeness of the information as to how Awake and Watch Tower are published.

Little did we know it but that first experience set the tone for recognising the efficient spaces and their related activities such as in the sound room/recording studio, three person offices and the morning conference room.

The interior space is a scene of transcended splendour.

Various scenario paintings of Jesus Christ by Jehovah’s Witnesses’ artists adorned the walls and I thought they were of a quality worthy of separate publication for presentation as gifts.

Leaving the administration building we crossed to the residential wing to see the guest living unit and again the designed space was a joy to behold – entry, lounge, sleeping, ablutions, food preparation area, including a four burner stove/oven with a range hood, walk in wardrobe all comfortably and efficiently arranged in a compact setting.

I jokingly asked if they could set aside an accommodation for me.

As we ascended the stairs to the first floor our guide said the upper floor staff accommodations are similarly laid out as the ground floor.

Returning to the lower floors to see the next wing we met the barber in his neat but fully appointed little space.

He greeted us with the smile typical of all of the presenters and shared his role of service to the small community of brethren.

He cuts the men’s hair and the women perform that duty themselves.

The grounds people and their shops, their attitude, the available and useful appropriate technology etc. etc. etc all in place.

Maintenance of joinery assets; the hydraulic lift in the motor workshop – hospital clean, very impressive.

We then visited the laundry room and all of the above praiseworthy comments are applicable as well to this space and the individuals who provide the much needed service for hygiene maintenance for the entire staff.

Ah, the kitchen, as the most demanding place for hygiene upkeep was functional, efficient, stainless steel everything, everywhere; ceramic tile floor, freshness, openness and the chef’s spirit – wonderful.

If they offered meals for sale to the public it would be my favourite spot to eat.

One of the immutable Laws of God is the prescription for humanity to strive to archive excellence in all things.

We are on the path to acquire immaculate habits and with our experience of the Jehovah’s Witnesses facility they surely understand the requirements that echo the phrase “…cleanliness is next to Godliness.”

Overall, the total facility is triple ‘A’.

It could serve as a model for the Solomon Island community to see what can be done here regardless of who the designated user may be.

I asked for and received copies of their overall maintenance check list/schedule and after reviewing it, it would behove every Government entity that has responsibility for maintaining government improvements/assets to request copies of the documents as a how-to-do-it reference and to understand the thoroughness of how the Jehovah’s Witnesses perform their duties.

The designer, the conglomerate labour force and the current administrators could be said to have created a jewel in paradise.

And the challenge is how do we replicate it?

The buildings represent immaculacy, orderliness, (low-key designed exterior, jaw- dropping interior workmanship).

It is one of the best representations of faith in action.

The spiritual attributes of love, fellowship and unity are reflected in the manner in which the buildings were planned, designed, built and now being used.

If there is ever a question by decision makers of whatever persuasion as to what example in the Solomon Islands we can emulate to achieve excellence in all things it is to the Jehovah’s Witnesses facilities and people at Panatina that you may turn to, for they, the buildings and the people’s love for Jehovah raised the bar to the desired height to assist Solomon Islanders to reach a capable level of excellence that they never expected was possible.

If you missed it (it is still not too late to see it). Buildings are/can be a reflection of its owners and this is certainly true of the Jehovah Witnesses facility.

If your position is that of an MP, PS or government manager/administrator.

If you missed the Jehovah’s Witnesses Open Day with the lovely presenters, make it a point to request another time to visit.

It will be the most pleasant building inspection you will have for a long time to come; be sure to take notes because the experience may be the beginning of something good for the city of Honiara and the Solomon Islands.

By DON BOYKIN
    Pacific Architects
    Honiara

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is all a fake. They are expected to look and act happy, even though they are probably miserable. You have people doing as they are told, even though they know what they are told is wrong. They have the appearance of fine workmanship, but it is really crap. And, only time will tell how long it will last.

The Kingdumb Hell I used to go to started out having a decent looking landscape. But, during the time I was there, it went all downhill. The flower bed in the back lot became a jungle. They scalped the lawn--it was barely 2 centimeters high, and it would be among the first to die off when it gets dry. From the street, it looked presentable--but, close up, I could tell that it was very poorly maintained.

The A$$embly Hell is yet another fine-looking piece of crap. The landscape looked good at a distance, but close up, it had major problems (not the least being poorly maintained grass). The foyer had fake plants, with white pebbles added to make the appearance of a well-maintained garden. They had those tacky murals painted on some of those walls. The benches were made of wood--I do not know what the underlying quality of those things is, but I am willing to bet that anything I purchase at L.L.Bean is better in quality. They have real marble tile on the walls, but I have seen a few of those starting to crack and I would be willing to bet that it's only a matter of time before tiles start falling off. Already, I have seen quite a number of chairs in the A$$embly Hell busted. Crap quality.

This village is probably as full of problems. Just wait until summer--the lawn will probably be among the first to die off. The landscaping will probably be full of weeds and tangled growth in a few years, if not dead. The building itself looks magnificant, but if you look at the tacky artwork closely enough, you can see the lack of artistic merit. And, I wonder how many problems the building is going to develop with heating, air conditioning, door closures, fire alarms and security systems, and nuisance issues with appliances, fixtures, and the interior of the building.

The happiness is just as fake as the buildings. The children are going to be miserable when they find out that Christmas is practiced around the world--except in their community. And, in a few years, they are going to be finding a hard time making a reasonable living--$13,500 a year isn't going to cut it, with pio-sneering and all. And, without money, the building cannot be properly maintained. Not to mention that none of them are going to have any access to the Internet, college, or anything else that might break up the drudgery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit