Bye Bye Brooklyn HQ!

by WuzLovesDubs 12 Replies latest jw friends

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

So I guess Imadeadun isnt AROUND THE CORNER any more is it kids? LOLOL! Hard to explain all this construction and FUTURE PLANS now isnt it Bunky? So I fortell a lot LESS "lie-teriture" being printed from now on. Maybe ONE magazine a month and then soon a QUARTERLY. And then soon the sheeples will have to share magazines in class each week. And they are becoming ECO FRIENDLY? Do you guys remember a time when they didnt give a shit about recycling and told us not to bother because the earth would soon be cleansed anyway???

http://www.brooklyneagle.com/categories/category.php?category_id=5&id=33716

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

What struck me in that article was the quote saying that because of the market downturn, they're not actively pursuing the sale of the buildings at this time. Translation: We want as much money as we can get and we're willing to hold out until then.

sheesh

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Dubs won't have to share magazines, they'll have to print their own. They're already available as pdf files; how long before they "encourage" the friends to only take the printed copies for the ministry and print out their own Kool Aid editions?

• Titus
    Titus

I shall not print them.

I'll just give people a link to www.jw.org, and tell them they have to download magazines until I come next week.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Does this mean the door-to-door ministry will be reduced as well?

• dissed
    dissed

This still has to be viewed as deflating to a JW. A very humiliating experience, leaving Brooklyn with their tails between the legs.

For years they boasted how the buildings themselves were such a great witness to the world. Doing their part in the vindication of JG's name. And proving how incredibly JG was blessing their work.

Now they will be hidden under a rock in the country where nobody will ever see them.

Yes, it is a prudent business move to downsize with the slowing down of their work and the future prospects looking even dimmer.

Their spin like GM's, "We will become leaner, meaner, and more competitive" sounds pretty hollow to me.

If Knorr is in a grave, he surely must be having some serious heart burn.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

It is sad in a way because they thought they were the Rock of Gibraltar and nothing would touch them. Now, the economy has gotten to them. I remember them bragging about how if it wasn't for them that area would be ruined and how they elevated the status of the area by their very presence.

I wonder if they will be missed in the neighborhood???

• sacolton
    sacolton

GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

• belbab
    belbab

Around four or five decades ago, big companies, were moving out of Brooklyn and establishing their industries out in country where taxes and property were a lot cheaper. One building I remember that the WT purchased was the Squibb building. It was published what a wonderful manoever that Jah was making to provide expansion possibilities for the Watchtower work by having companies establishing themselves elsewhere.

The Watchtower wanted to put printing presses in one of the building that they purchased. The building was not structurally sound enough to carry printing presses. Too bad Jah couldn't forsee that.

Now they are boasting how Jah is directing them to get out of Brooklyn and out in the boonies.

Surprising how slow Big Jah is getting out of the starting gate.

belbab

• agonus
    agonus

Boy, talk about Jehovah humiliating his "slave." Remember a couple years back when they were boasting about the 4 residential towers?

Looks like the pedo-payouts took some wind outta their sales...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit