Do you prefer to sit on the pew in a church or on the regular Kingdom Hall seat?

by asilentone 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Neither one. I would have to listen to the tripe that was coming from the platform.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I just started a course for chronic pain. The chairs are very similar to KH chairs. I couldn't take it and had to move back into my wheelchair.

I've been to a few churches and they all had pews. I'll take a pew any day over a KH chair.

But I would ditch the bars they kneel on. I scratched my leg on one and it left a huge scar that took months to disappear

• Robdar
    Robdar

I prefer to worship at Saint Mattress, Our Lady of Sealy Posturepedic

• White Dove
    White Dove

Pews:) They remind me that I'm not in a khall.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you go to regular church, you are only there for an hour or so. Some do have longer sessions, but you are standing up every half hour or so to sing a hymn. At the Kingdumb Hell, you are seated for hours at a time.

This magnifies the discomfort of any chair. A pew (which is nothing more than a bench) can accomodate people better if one of them is very fat, very thin, or there are several children sitting together (because they are not fixed in length like a chair). Thus, pews are more efficient use of the space than a chair--and more flexible. As for comfort, I think most office-style or school-style chairs (which are meant to be sat in for hours at a time) are more comfortable.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I worship here.

worship chair

• bulgogiboy
    bulgogiboy

You should make your living room at home your own church, then you can get exactly the right kind of seat to sit in whilst you are watching tv, drinking beer, eating curry, scratching yourself, and worshipping God in your own way. The best thing about this arrangement is that you can choose to be any denomination you want without searching round for the appropriate building. You can even start your own little agnostic/atheist church, which would be quite hard to find otherwise, depending on where you live. You can also choose exactly which kind of wine and biscuits you partake of. Think about it.

• nykid
    nykid

I'd rather sit in neither.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Confusis say: People who fart in church sit in own pew.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit